Toilet Training Joy!

Lounge By lthiele Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 1:53pm by nechee

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 4:26am
post #1 of 19

Aaaahhhh I had to tell somebody.......... My daughter will be 3 next month and has shown absolutely NO sign of wanting to toilet train. She has just done her first number 2 in the loo - hooray!

I went to the shop today and bought a bag full of little toys, put a chart on the toilet door and started with some stickers. Nappy off and here we go!

I know it's not generally polite conversation, but I figure lots of us are mum's, so could share my news! lol icon_redface.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

18 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 6:22am
post #2 of 19

Yaaaah!!!!!! I know exactly how you feel. Been there for 3 kids, one more to go. I can't wait for the day that I never have to buy diapers again.

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 12:57pm
post #3 of 19

Good for you! I too have 3 year old (and 6). I started last summer with potty training. What worked for us, is I let them, in summer time, running around with dress and nothing under. Oh, how they did not like to get "wet" it worked like charm with both of them. I ended up with more laundry, but it does work! We do have a little library in our bathroom, we read books, they like that. God luck! thumbs_up.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 1:01pm
post #4 of 19

That's so exciting! I remember that the #2 was the most difficult step for my daughter (she'd find a diaper, hide behind the couch and squat over the diaper to avoid going in the toilet. It took so long for her to complete the process that she couldn't go to pre-k because she wasn't totally toilet trained.

My younger one, on the other hand, decided one day that she wasn't wearing diapers anymore, and that was it. She was so small that she fell in the toilet a couple of times, even with a baby seat on it icon_biggrin.gif But she was toilet trained from the time she was 2. Compared to the older one, we saved a fortune on diapers!

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 19

Hooray! I've done PT with two and have one more to go (unless the Lord surprises us one day). Potty training is my absolute LEAST favorite part of being a Mommy. Good luck with your little one! Yay, underpants!!

thumbs_up.gif

lthiele Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 2:25am
post #6 of 19

Thanks for the encouragement ladies - day two off to a good start, first prize out of the bag! It's good to know that other people's kids had different experiences within the same family. My son was so easy in comparison, same as your younger one Texas_Rose, just decided one day that was it and off he went! Ahh the joys of motherhood. icon_rolleyes.gif

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 6:56am
post #7 of 19

Celebrating my dd diaper liberation this week, too.
She's been giving us hints for a month now that she was ready.
Taking off her diaper when it was wet, asking to be changed and getting a diaper and bringing to us. Finally went for it...took three days and she is completely done. She even wants to us the big potty now, not the little one. thumbs_up.gif
She is my 2 1/2 year old so that means we have ONLY ONE CHILD in diapers. Yea!!!

Pardon the pun but getting them to use the toilet is such a relief. icon_wink.gif

mommachris

lthiele Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 7:25am
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommachris

Celebrating my dd diaper liberation this week, too.
She is my 2 1/2 year old so that means we have ONLY ONE CHILD in diapers. Yea!!!

Pardon the pun but getting them to use the toilet is such a relief. icon_wink.gif

mommachris

lol mommachris - BIG relief! 3 days is fantastic! 9 kids - you need all the relief you can get!!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

kellyanne1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyanne1981 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:07pm
post #9 of 19

omg as u can see i am new here, and i came on for tips but to be honest my biggest problem at themoment is not getting a cake right its getting my 2 yr old son pitty trained!! congrats on managing it!! thumbs_up.gif

lthiele Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 4:35am
post #10 of 19

Welcome to CC kellyanne - watch out it's really addictive!

What's even worse is when you are just at a crucial part of getting something right on a cake and then you hear the "Mum........... I need the toilet." And you know they mean - RIGHT NOW! lol Lots of handwashing going on at my house right now. icon_lol.gif

Good luck with your little man. icon_razz.gif

kellyanne1981 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 1:34pm
post #11 of 19

thanks hun!
I found forums really helpfult during pregnancy and planning of my wedding, and now that I am looking at taking cake making a bit more seriousley i knew i had to find a forum to support me.
this may sound stupid but where do the majority of the forum users come from?
I'm still finding my feet with it all!!

xx

lthiele Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 9:22pm
post #12 of 19

I think the majority of users on CC are from the States, but there are people on here from all over (you can tell by the accents when they type icon_wink.gif ). I'm in Australia.

I've only been on here a month or so myself, but have found there are cakers ranging from absolute beginners to the pros who have been doing it for many years. If you read lots of the forums you will see the same names popping up.

This list was helpful to me when I started
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926.html

Also if you want to search for something, go into forums and use the search button in the top left, and choose the "Topic Title" option, rather than the one on the home page.
HTH

kellyanne1981 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 8:44am
post #13 of 19

thank you! your a star! the acronyms are usefuls, some i knew from other forums but the cake making ones were just jargon to me lol!
so do you bake professionaly or is it a hobby?
I am amazed at the number of ideas and suggestions available on here, i may not need to buy many more books at this rate!! icon_smile.gif
thansk agin hun thumbs_up.gif

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 9:17pm
post #14 of 19

im house training at the minute so i can understand how it feels when you have a breakthrough. my little bundle of joy just peed on the sofa (he was outside for a pee 20 minutes before) but look at this little face, how could you stay mad?????

and its not long before you start getting full nights without a mess on the kitchen floor icon_smile.gif
LL

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 9:38pm
post #15 of 19

He's adorable Cathy24! I remember what it was like training mine (mind you there 12 years old now).

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:30am
post #16 of 19

i'm not a mother (nor do i plan to be) so a toilet training thread wasn't something i'd normally click on HOWEVER... i was very intrigued/horrified when i saw that there was a little paperclip next to the thread indicating a picture was involved somewhere. kinda like a train wreck... you don't want to see, but you can't help but look? SUPER glad to find out it was an adorable puppy and not someone's "toilet training joy" PROOF! hahaha icon_biggrin.gif

lthiele Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:46am
post #17 of 19

Eeeeeeewwwwwwww LMAO!! It is a cute puppy - no potty's!

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 9:40pm
post #18 of 19

lol, guess that was confusing icon_smile.gif but my dogs are like my kids so i guess i just compare everything to my experiences with them icon_razz.gif

nechee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nechee Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:53pm
post #19 of 19

My oldest was completely toilet trained by the time he was 3. That was night trained too. My middle child however refused flat out to use the toilet until my husband got fed up with her willing to "go" at everyone elses house but ours and he pulled the pull ups off her and put her in underwear and there was only 1 or 2 accidents and that was it. Now on to m youngest. She just turned 3 and she has no interest in training at all. I can't wait for the days that diapers nd pull ups are done, but my youngest is being very difficult.
And that is one adorable puppy!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%