First Purse Cake Just Finished.

Decorating By maudabom Updated 15 Aug 2009 , 4:34am by LaBellaFlor

maudabom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maudabom Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 3:48am
post #1 of 5

I just finished my first purse cake! I'm so excited and pleased with the results. A few things I will do differently next time and are griping me to death!
1. I will cut the cake board *BEFORE* I put the fondant on. It's driving me crazy that you can see the ugly cake board poking out the bottom.

2. I will use a smaller tip to write. I *thought* I had a 1 or a 0 round tip. I don't. The smallest I had was a 4 ! A 4 !!! ARGHH! It was extremely hard to write on the charm!

3. I would have made the x's a little smaller so that I could fit 4 x's across instead of just three. The picture of the purse that I was supposed to be copying had 4 x's across. Oh well.

I'm still happy with it over all! What would YOU have done differently??
LL

4 replies
Lynnzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnzee Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 3:55am
post #2 of 5

your purse looks great. I know I would be tempted to move it and cut down the board, but dont do it if you think that you will hurt your cake. Great Job!!!

snshin1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snshin1993 Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 3:56am
post #3 of 5

I think the cake is very well done!

alidpayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alidpayne Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 3:57am
post #4 of 5

Freakin' CUTE! I have been meaning to make a purse for a while, but I keep putting it off. No good excuse to make one I suppose. I am gonna have to just do it. Yours is great though. I love the closure.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 4:34am
post #5 of 5

I love making cake purses and yours is GREAT! The actual purse is perfect (don't know what the pic looks like). It looks like a real purse. I agree with you on the cake board and the writing on the charm, but the purse is perfect. Great job! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%