August Cookie Club (State Fair/carnival)

Baking By kneadacookie Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 1:41am by kneadacookie

kneadacookie Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 2:29am
post #1 of 14

So, State Fair/Carnival theme it is!

I can't seem to find a thread with the rules?!?!
Oh well, the rules are pretty simple....follow the theme using photos that have not already been posted. First one to post gets to pick a theme for next month's cookie club. Anyone can post pictures.
I figured if I didn't get this out now, by the time we got back from camping, August would be almost over! I can't wait to see everyone's cookies!
On your mark, get set, GO!

13 replies
verono Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 14

I'll post mine around the 29th..

RachieRach Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 14

Oops I missed this. Well I'll definitely participate next month!

verono Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 14

I'm currently doing mine... I'll try to post my pictures maybe this sunday.

RachieRach Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 4:57pm
post #5 of 14

kneadacookie - my suggestions for September are:
- Back to school
- Insects
- or we all pick a hard design (something that one of the advanced cookie artists on this site has posted, with their permission) and attempt to recreate.

Just my thoughts.

kneadacookie Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 2:08pm
post #6 of 14

well, i entered the michigan state fair again this year. i entered both decorated cookies and a bouquet. my 9 year old daughter also entered decorated cookies. on the way out the door to deliver, i drop my deocrated cookies on the ground. yep...jelly side down. thank goodness they were wrapped so tightly. only 1 had a small dent. i let my 5 year old hold them until we got there. yep, that was my second mistake. she dropped it, again upside down. once again, only 1 small dent. trying to carry the bouquet, the cookies and all our paper work into the hall proved to be more difficult than i thought. once inside i realize i had crushed 2 cookies up in front. they had to be removed. i was not feeling good about turning them in. sorry such a long story. anyways, both my cookies and my daughters took first place. my bouquet took first place and best of show. i really didn't like my bouquet, but there wasn't much competition. i would love to drum up more people to enter for next year!

I really love the idea about trying to recreate someone else's design. we'll have to vote on a theme or something.
LL
LL

kneadacookie Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 2:11pm
post #7 of 14

well, i entered the michigan state fair again this year. i entered both decorated cookies and a bouquet. my 9 year old daughter also entered decorated cookies. on the way out the door to deliver, i drop my deocrated cookies on the ground. yep...jelly side down. thank goodness they were wrapped so tightly. only 1 had a small dent. i let my 5 year old hold them until we got there. yep, that was my second mistake. she dropped it, again upside down. once again, only 1 small dent. trying to carry the bouquet, the cookies and all our paper work into the hall proved to be more difficult than i thought. once inside i realize i had crushed 2 cookies up in front. they had to be removed. i was not feeling good about turning them in. sorry such a long story. anyways, both my cookies and my daughters took first place. my bouquet took first place and best of show. i really didn't like my bouquet, but there wasn't much competition. i would love to drum up more people to enter for next year!

I really love the idea about trying to recreate someone else's design. we'll have to vote on a theme or something.
LL
LL

ZlatkaT Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 5:24pm
post #8 of 14

kneadacookie, your cookies are great, and I love your bouquet, it had to be a big bouquet I guess. You did deserve a first place!! I am thinking to enter myself and my daughter (7) next year. It will be fun.

RachieRach Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 6:21pm
post #9 of 14

I LOVE your cookies Knead! The tectures/ colors are great.

verono Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 8:06pm
post #10 of 14

OMG !!! YOur cookies are amazing !!!! icon_biggrin.gif

andpotts Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 8:20pm
post #11 of 14

Oh my gosh I'm always amazed by you cookies kneadacookie, but I just love your idea for the popcorn! So cute, congrats on your win and that's really saying something about your work when it was dropped twice icon_smile.gif

verono Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 8:33pm
post #12 of 14

Can I know how you did the lollipop?

Lita829 Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 11:03pm
post #13 of 14

Your cookies are awesome, Knead!! Absolutely FLAWLESS! I can't believe that they were dropped icon_surprised.gif

kneadacookie Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:41am
post #14 of 14

the lollipops i just iced white and then painted lines going all the way around. then i piped over the whole thing in 1 big swirl. thanks everyone

so any other suggestions on a new theme?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%