Square Pans 4X4X2

Decorating By Floobity Updated 16 Aug 2009 , 12:36pm by Price

Floobity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Floobity Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 1:59am
post #1 of 8

Hi guys, I'm new to the site. I'm hoping you can help me find perfectly square pans 4x4x2? I ordered some but they weren't 90 degrees angles like it said. They were quite rounded.

Also, has anyone ordered off of www.CakePans4Less.com? They have one there but they site seems a little strange and had problems with the checkout.

Thanks a lot for any help, it's for my tetris wedding cake!

~Manda

7 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 2:07am
post #2 of 8

Another option is to bake an 8" square (magic line pans have the corners you're looking for) and cut it into quarters. You can store any squares you don't use in the freezer .... wrap well in saran.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 2:10am
post #3 of 8

Amazon has a 4-1/2x4-1/2x2 square pan by Parrish:

http://tinyurl.com/m5k929

HTH

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 3:13am
post #4 of 8

Definitely go with Magic Line, they will give the best corners for square cakes. I've only seen the 4.5" square pans that JanH mentioned, if you have the 8" I would suggest you do as IndyDebi said and then you could have 4 cakes in 1, plus you'll probably have more use out of the 8" as well.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 2:27am
post #5 of 8

you know your cake will shrink back a bit and end up being 4x4 anyway.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 2:35am
post #6 of 8

I have 4x4 magic line. They are great pans. corners are sharp and square.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 11:39am
post #7 of 8

How many do you have to make? Cause the little pans can get expensive. I'm thinking Indy's way is the quickest and cheapest. But I do love MagicLine.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 12:36pm
post #8 of 8

I just checked my pans this morning and they are 4 1/2, not 4 square. I also have a couple of the magic line 3" rounds. I like to have the small pans for extra batter. I just make the little cakes and stick them in the freezer. They're great for my grandsons to decorate or if we just want a little taste of cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%