Stupid Oven...

Decorating By vmertsock Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 8:54pm by Williamus

vmertsock Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 7

My oven hates vanilla cake! If I make any other flavor it comes out just perfect, but not vanilla. I've tried 3 different recipes today, all of them I've tried in other ovens with no problems and are delicious. All of them flopped! I've had problems with the ignition switch going before, and not keeping the oven a stable temp so I'm guessing it went again. But how odd of it to discriminate against 1 flavor!!!

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 7

Well..I hear yah...My oven element burnt out on Monday and can't replace it until tomorrow when hubby can go get a new one from the appliance store..Try making dinner with no oven...Stove top stuffing anyone!!!

CupCake_Caitlin Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 7

I had Perfected all my favourite receipes in my Oven. Then I moved after 15years living in there with my parents.

The new house had an old oven and it would burn all my cakes and cookies, it took me forever to attempt to perfect them all again, but they just were never the same.

Moving again, I got myself a nice new oven, and FINALLY all my cooking just came out perfect....

so blame the oven, its not human error this time!!! lol

vmertsock Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 2:56am
post #4 of 7

The kicker is, I decided to make a cake mix just to see what would happen. For whatever reason I can not make a cake mix, they always turn out terribly. And what do you know...this one turned out perfect!!! Lol *sigh* ovens...

CupCake_Caitlin Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:11am
post #5 of 7

We cant always blame ovens though!

My mother turns her Oven up on high, shoves the cake in then sits and watches TV!! Before you know it we have a burnt cake either completely black and dry, or all mooshy inside and a black exterior!!

Though she still slops on her icing and serves it up for us, haha!! I tell her all the time, if something takes 50mins to cook, putting the heat up will make it cook faster, but makes it a complete disaster!! thumbsdown.gif

Love ya Mum!! xox icon_razz.gif

Lettyviz Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 5:56am
post #6 of 7

I have a new oven, GE Profile elect. wall mount it is 2 yrs. old. When I bake my cakes they come out very brown on the outside and under cooked in the middle. I called costumer service, and I was told to adjust the ovens thermostat. I did as I was told but the temp. is still off. Is there an oven thermometer that will read the temp. correctly?. I have used 3 different brands and they all read a different temp. plus the one on my oven.

I really need help.
icon_cry.gif

Williamus Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 8:54pm
post #7 of 7

I spent a small fortune on a Viking Range...and the temperature is off. If you go to the website www.Realbakingwithrose.com (this is a site maintained by Rose Levy Beranbaum) there is a lot of discussion on different thermometers...good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%