Logo For Cake Biz

Business By mija10417 Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 5:10pm by mija10417

mija10417 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 5

I was hoping someone could help me with my logo. I'm trying to get a clipart image of a simple, brown tiered cake on a cake stand but I'm having a really hard time finding one. I know how to use Photoshop but apparently not that well since I can't make a cake shape in it.

Could anyone lead me in the right direction of how I could do this? I don't want to pay a fortune to have some design it since it'll only be part of the logo I already have.

4 replies
Doug Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 5

sort of like this?

which was drawn in MS Publisher using the basic shapes:
cylinder for the tiers and top of stand & arcs and rounded rectangle for the base.

saved as a jpg and touched up in PhotoFiltre.

Publisher can also save as a TIFF too.

Photoshop can import either.

If want to do more high end -- start in Adobe Illustrator -- which is the real drawing package, not Photoshop.

mija10417 Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 12:14am
post #3 of 5

Thank you Doug! That's exactly what I was looking for! I have both Publisher and Illustrator so I'm going to give it a shot. Might pm you for some tips if you don't mind!

thanks again!

cylstrial Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 12:02pm
post #4 of 5

The cake looks GREAT! Can't wait to see the rest! Good luck!

P.S. I had no idea you could do that with adobe illustrator either. I love it when I learn something new.

mija10417 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 5

Hey Doug,

Just wanted to say thanks for the ideas you pm'd me! I haven't been able to access my private messages...my link disappeared!

Quote by @%username% on %date%