Gumpaste And Fondant Flowers Mixing

Decorating By Yankie Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 10:39pm by Sugarflowers

Yankie Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 5

I have made gumpaste roses and they are not the best looking. Now, I heard on here that you can mix gumpaste and fondant.

My question is, when mixing should I mix the same amount from both...or more gumpaste.

2nd question..do I still steam the flowers after all dried?

Thanks!

4 replies
bashini Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 5

Hi, yes, you need to add same amounts of gumpaste and fondant. And you still can steam them but make sure they are dried completely. icon_smile.gif

Sugarflowers Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 5

Personally, I suggest that you stick with gumpaste for your roses. They will set up faster so that they will be easier to handle.

Your roses don't look bad, they just need a few adjustments. The centers need to be tighter (more petals more closely wound around the center), make your petals thinner, and they should not be as open as quickly. Only the outermost petals should be open while the centers should looked more swirled.

Keep up the good work. The more you practice the happier you will be with your roses.

Michele

Yankie Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 5

Sugarflowers,

THanks..but the flowers under my pics are not the ones..those are fondant.
THose I was happy with..because they are cute.

The ones I created I didn't post yet, those are gumpaste..and they look so dry...i know I have to steam them. I have not done so yet.

But I wanted to try something different and do the mix of gumpaste and fondant.

I see so many roses on here made of gumpaste and they look so real..the petals are so beautiful.....however mine don't look like that. Right now they look dry and not pretty.

I hope that after steaming the color and the texture will change.

Sugarflowers Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 5

Try kneading a little bit of glycerine into your gumpaste and keep any cut or unused gumpaste completely covered.

HTH

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%