Barbie Cake - Need Help Fast!

Decorating By Ksauls Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 4:55pm by tastyart

Ksauls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksauls Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 6

Im cooking the skirt for a stand up barbie in a bowl and its been in almost an hour and still not done in the middle. WHAT DO I DO! icon_cry.gif

5 replies
The_Puzzler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Puzzler Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 6

Hi, I used the Wilton doll kit and it still took me 2 hours to bake it completely (although I used 1.5x the recipe). Would like to know too!

Ksauls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksauls Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 6

So just stick with it lol. And just keep checking it. I was going to use the wilton kit but the barbie is ugly lol!

Brenda0217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brenda0217 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 6

I had to cut my oven temp. back a bit, because the top starting getting done before the middle of my cake was done, but cutting back the temp. it will take longer, but should bake more evenly for you. so that might help you, not sure if that will be of any help for you or not. Always helped me when the middle wasn't getting done. I just cut it back by 5 or 10 degrees. hope it helps you.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 6

Did you put a heating core in the middle of the bowl to help distribute the heat? That is a MUST for baking the skirts. I use the wondermold pan and it has the metal rod that sits in the middle of the pan and I never have any trouble baking the cake - and always for just about the usual amount of time for a 10" layer.

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 6

Ditto on the wondermold. I've made it with no problems. The rod in the middle makes a huge difference. If you don't have the wondermold maybe you could use a flower nail to help distribute the heat.

I agree with ksauls, the doll picks are not very attractive. I made mine with a real barbie once. Worked great with a little tweaking. I wrapped her in seran wrap and made the skirt taller since her legs are so long.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%