Please....how Do I Make Cake Truffles...heelllp...

Baking By sugartforyou Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 9:12pm by jdub253

sugartforyou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartforyou Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 7

I have a friend that want cake truffles for her party and I will like to know if someone will share a recipe or how to on this. Thanks

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 7

I believe these are the same as cake balls.There is several recipes on here for Cake balls..a few threads as well..Just give a search!

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 2:06pm
post #3 of 7

Bakerella is another website to check out. It is all about cake balls/truffles.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 7

yes allrecipes has recipe and reviews from hundreds of people about cake balls, and bakerella has a picture tutorial. I tried them once and they were tedious and the chocolate coating cracked and when they sat out of the fridge were really soft.

sugartforyou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartforyou Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the information thumbs_up.gif

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 7

The rare times I actually saw a recipe with amounts was to use one 9/13 cake crumbled with 2 cups buttercream using any flavors you prefer. I tried doing the ones with coffee creamer, but they were way too soft and the coating cracked as did bbmom. Looks like if you use a stiff buttercream, you shouldn't have this problem.

jdub253 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdub253 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 9:12pm
post #7 of 7

I found one and it was basically just one cooked cake (any brand, any flavor) and one can/tub of Cream Cheese frosting... Crumb the cake, mix well, and shape into balls. then I covered with chocolate. I did red velvet cake and white chocolate...they were delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%