Do I Make Cake Truffles...heelllp...

Baking By sugartforyou Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 9:12pm by jdub253

sugartforyou Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 7

I have a friend that want cake truffles for her party and I will like to know if someone will share a recipe or how to on this. Thanks

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 7

I believe these are the same as cake balls.There is several recipes on here for Cake balls..a few threads as well..Just give a search!

cricket0616 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 2:06pm
post #3 of 7

Bakerella is another website to check out. It is all about cake balls/truffles.

bbmom Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 7

yes allrecipes has recipe and reviews from hundreds of people about cake balls, and bakerella has a picture tutorial. I tried them once and they were tedious and the chocolate coating cracked and when they sat out of the fridge were really soft.

sugartforyou Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the information thumbs_up.gif

2SchnauzerLady Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 7

The rare times I actually saw a recipe with amounts was to use one 9/13 cake crumbled with 2 cups buttercream using any flavors you prefer. I tried doing the ones with coffee creamer, but they were way too soft and the coating cracked as did bbmom. Looks like if you use a stiff buttercream, you shouldn't have this problem.

jdub253 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 9:12pm
post #7 of 7

I found one and it was basically just one cooked cake (any brand, any flavor) and one can/tub of Cream Cheese frosting... Crumb the cake, mix well, and shape into balls. then I covered with chocolate. I did red velvet cake and white chocolate...they were delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%