Cake For A Friend (So Mad)

Decorating By Melissa2000 Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 1:25pm by tiggerjo

Melissa2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa2000 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 11:57am
post #1 of 11

I made a dora cake for a friend of a friend.. I'm new at this ok.. Anyway I baked the cake Tuesday actully 2 of them becuz 1st fell in center.. Anyway I froze it until yesterday (Thursday) I took out the cake and did it. Looks great it only took 2 hours,, Plus 8 different colors of icing which I got ready Tuesday also. By the way I know it took along time...

I have to deliver this cake Saturday.. Anyway the lady is upset that I have the cake finished already she is afraid the cake won't be good when she gets it... Mind you its in a cake box wraped in saran wrap in the fridg... Please asurre me this cake is still going to be good the party isn't until Sunday.. By the way I only got 25 bucks for doing it.. Had to get a pan, so what she doesn't no is I didn't make a penny on it and it makes me mad that she is complaining about it...

I couldn't do it today, and tomorrow I am going to a party and suppose to bring it to them. So I even had to deliver because I wasn't even going to go to the party becuz I got laid off and can't buy anything anyway... SO MAD!

Sorry so long

10 replies
Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:04pm
post #2 of 11

I would take it out of the fridge because it will dry it out. It will be fine if you did not fill it with something that has to be in the fridge too. Next time don't let them know you finished it early.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:08pm
post #3 of 11

it should be fine.

and you CAN keep it chilled in the fridge until Saturday -- Just keep the saran warp on it

or

transfer to a cake box and seal the box very well (saran warp it.)

leave on the saran warp as the cake comes to room temp so no problem with condensation on the cake.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:09pm
post #4 of 11

Ask her if she REALLY thinks the cakes on the grocery store shelves are baked that morning. Ask her just how old ARE those Oreos in her panty? Ask her if she throws out the loaf of bread when she takes just two slices out of it, becuase it's been opened and it's more than a day old? Ask her if she really thinks her fast food restaurant actually cooks the food on-site anymore?

People have lost the ability to think logically anymore. I'm betting that when she makes a cake at home for any event, that she doesn't bake it that morning and the leftovers are sitting around for a day or two .... and she eats it and thinks it tastes just fine.

As Seinfeld said, 'People .... they're the WORST!"

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:42pm
post #5 of 11

Great stuff, Indy.

Not to mention freshly baked cake often crumbles and does not serve well.

But as an aside, this is also why I keep my methods and etc.
(et cetera = code for scratch or mix)
to myself--I do not share my practices with clients. I don't have time to educate them. They have to pay extra for that. (Yes I would provide the ingredients list.)

So my thought for you is--consider not revealing this information going forward.

Sorry you got laid off, CakeBuddy, (((hug)))

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:57pm
post #6 of 11

I never bake my cakes the day of..With several cakes going out a weekend..I would never get them done.I bake Tuesdays for my weeks orders and refrigerate them..decorate Thursday and friday.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:00pm
post #7 of 11

also -- tell her to watch Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes or any of those cakes shows and take note of how cakes are baked and decorated days in advance!

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:03pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Ask her just how old ARE those Oreos in her panty?

Crap!!!! I've just spat coffee all over my keyboard!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:13pm
post #9 of 11

I'm nervous because I baked some cakes for another Darth Vader just last night, and stuck in freezer so I can decorate today.

I'm hoping the cakes are OLD enough (Mature?) to be decorated so early.

Your friend is worrying for nothing.

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:13pm
post #10 of 11

Take it out of the fridge and EAT it and let the silly ungrateful tapedshut.gif make her own cake.
Sorry 2 hear about your job

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:25pm
post #11 of 11

The first cake I made was for my daughter's baby shower. Made it a week ahead of time and just put it in the fridge not even covered. Everyone there said it was the best cake they had ever eaten. Go figure!!!! Of course, now I know better and am not so afraid of the time constraints.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%