Help! Wedding Cake For Monday, Ri Vs. Bc.

Decorating By Christine2979 Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 12:49pm by -K8memphis

Christine2979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christine2979 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 6:09am
post #1 of 7

OK. I have a wedding cake... 2 tier, covered in fondant. all this client wants is som scroll work and beaded border. i'm debating if I should do the scrolls in royal icing of buttercream? is there an advantage working with the royal icing????

6 replies
madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 6:18am
post #2 of 7

I think butter cream tastes better.....thats my only contribution I can give icon_smile.gif

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 7:58am
post #3 of 7

I agree that BC tastes better and has a better texture. I think the RI is just more durable. Not sure though and have wondered this same thing so I'm looking forward to some more experienced input on this topic.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 8:04am
post #4 of 7

RI seems to stick to fondant better than BC, at least it has for me.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 10:03am
post #5 of 7

RI sticks better to fondant for me and it also seems to not break as easy when piping and doesn't show any airbubbles. It is also easier, after it dries, to gently pick my mistakes off the cake. (I've made more than enough mistakes so I've got that technique down really good)!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:26pm
post #6 of 7

I use BC for everything.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:49pm
post #7 of 7

There's no clear advantage to either. It's by personal perference only so you just have to get experienced with each one to make that determination. I too would use buttercream for the palate factor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%