Cookie Cutter Help!! Asap!

Baking By SassySweetz Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 12:48pm by ButtacreamRose

SassySweetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SassySweetz Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 3:44am
post #1 of 5

I just got a last min. "can you help me" from my daughter's cheer team! They want as many cookies as I have time to make. They need them for Sat. for a hot dog fundrasier.

They would like either a cheer megaphone or a paw (our team is the Panther's)

1. I could copy either designs and hand cut the cookies? No time for that!
2. I could have my DH make me either of these cookie cutters?

Now, how would I explain to him how to make me a cookie cutter by hand? Materials? Advice? Instructions? Anything???

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

TIA!

Ashley

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 3:54am
post #2 of 5

I found a tutorial for reshaping old cookie cutters: http://www.instructables.com/id/Custom-Cookie-Cutter/

Also, if you have that Wilton Halloween set...the plain metal one, not the painted one...that they sold at Walmart last year, it has a candy corn cutter. It could be bent just a tiny bit narrower to use as a megaphone, then bent back in shape later on to use as a candy corn again. I saw that set at Ross the other day too.

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:13am
post #3 of 5

reat idea to use the candy corn for a megaphone! Some of the first cookies I actually tried decorating were paw prints for cub scouts, since the paw cutter I had was way too small I used a large round cutter and made the paw print, I think it's in my pics, of course they could be done waaay better, just an idea for ya.

rblee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:48pm
post #5 of 5

A triangle cutter, to make a banner w/team colors and name.
That would be quick & easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%