Cookie Cutter Help!! Asap!

Baking By SassySweetz Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 12:48pm by ButtacreamRose

SassySweetz Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 3:44am
post #1 of 5

I just got a last min. "can you help me" from my daughter's cheer team! They want as many cookies as I have time to make. They need them for Sat. for a hot dog fundrasier.

They would like either a cheer megaphone or a paw (our team is the Panther's)

1. I could copy either designs and hand cut the cookies? No time for that!
2. I could have my DH make me either of these cookie cutters?

Now, how would I explain to him how to make me a cookie cutter by hand? Materials? Advice? Instructions? Anything???

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

TIA!

Ashley

4 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 3:54am
post #2 of 5

I found a tutorial for reshaping old cookie cutters: http://www.instructables.com/id/Custom-Cookie-Cutter/

Also, if you have that Wilton Halloween set...the plain metal one, not the painted one...that they sold at Walmart last year, it has a candy corn cutter. It could be bent just a tiny bit narrower to use as a megaphone, then bent back in shape later on to use as a candy corn again. I saw that set at Ross the other day too.

andpotts Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:13am
post #3 of 5

reat idea to use the candy corn for a megaphone! Some of the first cookies I actually tried decorating were paw prints for cub scouts, since the paw cutter I had was way too small I used a large round cutter and made the paw print, I think it's in my pics, of course they could be done waaay better, just an idea for ya.

ButtacreamRose Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:48pm
post #5 of 5

A triangle cutter, to make a banner w/team colors and name.
That would be quick & easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%