1St Funny Encounter About Cake

Business By bfranzen Updated 16 Aug 2009 , 11:45am by cylstrial

bfranzen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bfranzen Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 3:20am
post #1 of 7

A lady walked up to my stand at the Farmer's Market and asked "so how much would you charge for a 3 tier wedding cake?" I said, "well, it depends on the size and number of servings in those three tiers." I handed her my card and told her I'd be glad to talk with her if she'd like to call. She responded with, "Well, they'll be drinking more beer than eating cake, that's for sure! I hope the marriage doesn't happen anyway. She's a real fruitcake!" And turned and walked away.

Guess this is the first of many strange cake questions! Just had to share! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 3:38am
post #2 of 7

Haha, some people are so random and strange!!!

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:33pm
post #3 of 7

Haha, that's funny! People are crazy

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 7

I'm not a professional baker (by any means icon_redface.gif ) but have worked with the public in other ways. The more you deal with the public, the more funny stories you'll have to tell, believe me!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 7

Lots of funny customer service stories here... http://notalwaysright.com/

Mommy2ThreeBoys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy2ThreeBoys Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 3:24am
post #6 of 7

TubbsCookies I know this has nothing to do with this forum, but that has got to be one of the funniest sites!! My kids are thinking I'm crazy because I was laughing so hard at some of those I was crying! icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 11:45am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfranzen

A lady walked up to my stand at the Farmer's Market and asked "so how much would you charge for a 3 tier wedding cake?" I said, "well, it depends on the size and number of servings in those three tiers." I handed her my card and told her I'd be glad to talk with her if she'd like to call. She responded with, "Well, they'll be drinking more beer than eating cake, that's for sure! I hope the marriage doesn't happen anyway. She's a real fruitcake!" And turned and walked away.

Guess this is the first of many strange cake questions! Just had to share! icon_smile.gif

LOL! icon_confused.gif Wow! icon_eek.gif I'm guessing it was the Mother of the Bride? Or maybe the Mother of the Groom.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%