Need Help! Ri Flowers...attempting Tonight

Decorating By TheBlonde Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 8:11pm by TheBlonde

TheBlonde Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:30am
post #1 of 6

So I'm decorating a Wilton Castle cake tomorrow. I had bought 111 sugar flowers from one store for decorating the cake. Well, that was all they had of the colors I needed and I thought I'd be able to find more of them at a different store but I couldn't. All I could find was the RI flowers they sell on wax paper. They kind of look like forget me nots but with royal icing. I really don't like the idea of mixing the two together so I thought I would attempt to make my own with RI tonight. I just have absolutely NO idea what tip to use. I can't even figure it out by looking at them. The edges are so round. Please help!

5 replies
TheBlonde Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:34am
post #2 of 6

Kind of like this but all of the petals are attached in the middle with just a dot of icing

TheBlonde Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:13am
post #3 of 6

Ok, for some reason that other picture wouldn't show up so I took a picture of the ones I bought with my camera phone. I think the tip might be 101 but I'm not sure... HELP!

missmeg Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:10pm
post #4 of 6

By the looks of them, they were probably made with a #5 or #7 round tip, with five petals coming to the center in a teardrop fashion. Then add a #3 center dot. I hth icon_smile.gif.

minicuppie Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with missmeg...I am not a very good piper and this was not so hard for me. You can do it! The only problem I foresee is you probably will not get a "perfect" match. If you find yourself getting frustrated maybe you could mix them all together...easier to "hide" the differences. Will look like this is how you planned the look all along.

TheBlonde Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 8:11pm
post #6 of 6

Well, I hadn't gotten a response by this morning so I did my own thing icon_smile.gif They came out AMAZING! I didn't know how many I would need so I made a couple hundred. I couldn't open my hand after all that but I'm so pround. Didn't even use half of them but now I have a ton of flowers to use in the future! I can't remeber what tip I used and I've been decorating all day and I'm way too lazy at this point to get out of bed to check icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%