Need Help

Decorating By Melissa2000 Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 12:00pm by Melissa2000

Melissa2000 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 7

this lady ask me to make a cake, really my first to sell... this is what she wants and I have no clue...

Can you let me know what you charge and what kind of ideas you would come up with. I want stuff like crutches, wheel chair, depends, and anything for the OLD, heehee. Let me know if you would be interested it's for a girl at work.

6 replies
Doug Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 7

sounds like someone is turning one of the big Zeros --- 40, 50, 60.

and is going to be teased about being OLD, decrepit, falling apart at the seams, in need of all those things she mentioned.

----

first things first tho' -- set a FAIR price --- fair to YOU that is -- one that considers not just the ingredients but also ALL your labor and overhead (equipment, utilities, etc.)

do NOT undersell yourself.

OhMyGanache Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:05am
post #3 of 7

I'm very confused at to what exactly is being asked... I must be having a blonde moment. LOL

2SchnauzerLady Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:06am
post #4 of 7

I did one of those for someone I work with, I basically copied the idea from another cc'er and named that person in my description. It has a handicap placard, false teeth, fixodent, bengay, hearing aid, etc.. Check my photos, and also look at the one I gave credit to. Should get your brain clicking in that direction!!!

Melissa2000 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:17am
post #5 of 7

sorry she is going to be 60.. I just need help to figure out what to put on the cake.. how big is a 1/2 sheet cake... which pan do I use.

Doug Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:21am
post #6 of 7

could make it look like a big Rx pad...

with a prescription for all those things as old age survival necessities.

12x18 sheet is a "half" sheet

Melissa2000 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:00pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks guys for your help.. Everyone is so helpful... She like the old age survival kit one.. So I got most of the stuff made last night for it... Very cute.. My hubby said we were mean....LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%