Need Help

Decorating By Melissa2000 Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 12:00pm by Melissa2000

Melissa2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa2000 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 7

this lady ask me to make a cake, really my first to sell... this is what she wants and I have no clue...

Can you let me know what you charge and what kind of ideas you would come up with. I want stuff like crutches, wheel chair, depends, and anything for the OLD, heehee. Let me know if you would be interested it's for a girl at work.

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 7

sounds like someone is turning one of the big Zeros --- 40, 50, 60.

and is going to be teased about being OLD, decrepit, falling apart at the seams, in need of all those things she mentioned.

----

first things first tho' -- set a FAIR price --- fair to YOU that is -- one that considers not just the ingredients but also ALL your labor and overhead (equipment, utilities, etc.)

do NOT undersell yourself.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:05am
post #3 of 7

I'm very confused at to what exactly is being asked... I must be having a blonde moment. LOL

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:06am
post #4 of 7

I did one of those for someone I work with, I basically copied the idea from another cc'er and named that person in my description. It has a handicap placard, false teeth, fixodent, bengay, hearing aid, etc.. Check my photos, and also look at the one I gave credit to. Should get your brain clicking in that direction!!!

Melissa2000 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:17am
post #5 of 7

sorry she is going to be 60.. I just need help to figure out what to put on the cake.. how big is a 1/2 sheet cake... which pan do I use.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:21am
post #6 of 7

could make it look like a big Rx pad...

with a prescription for all those things as old age survival necessities.

12x18 sheet is a "half" sheet

Melissa2000 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:00pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks guys for your help.. Everyone is so helpful... She like the old age survival kit one.. So I got most of the stuff made last night for it... Very cute.. My hubby said we were mean....LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%