Lounge By KKC Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 12:54pm by KKC

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:08am
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetcaking

Quote:
Quote:

A few weeks ago of the the boys was talking in church and he took him outside and literally beat the boy up...the boy is 14 i think...

If you truly meant the uncle "literally beat the boy up" I think something more than just trying to avoid the uncle should be done. Was the boy seriously injured? That sounds criminal to me. Keeping your own children safely away from the man is important, but the whole neighborhood can't hide in their homes 24/7.

You might want to try contacting these sources for advice:

http://pediatrics.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=pediatrics&cdn=health&tm=19&f=10&su=p284.9.336.ip_p726.5.336.ip_&tt=2&bt=0&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.childhelp.org/about/programs-and-services/childhelp-national-child-abuse-hotline-1-800-4-a-child

1-800-4-A-CHILD

The boy had a few bruises and a deep scratch on his face (this guy has very long nails). What bothers me is that no one (not even the boys caretaker which is his aunt) bothered to step in and say enough. Every one talks about it but they never do anything.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 8:11pm
post #32 of 35

If no one else does anything about it then why don't you? You saw the bruises and the scratch on his face. He's a child and has no parents, he needs someone to protect him.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 4:50am
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMom

HUGE alarm bells here!!! He calls a child to his house, uses candy as a bribe? He gets to pick all the kids up from Sunday school? Discipline is not even on the radar as an issue here.

BINGO! icon_eek.gif keep a serious watch on your children...and him for that matter!

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 6:50am
post #34 of 35

KKC do you and all the relatives you have talked about live close together and close to this uncle?

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:54pm
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by lthiele

KKC do you and all the relatives you have talked about live close together and close to this uncle?

Yeah, he lives right across the street from me...I have family living all around me. My mom & sister, my grandmother, aunt and cousins live about a block from me. Then we have my great aunt and uncles next door...I live in a small town in Miami so pretty much my whole family lives here except one aunt and 2 cousins who live about 20 minutes from me..but they are always here because our church is on the next street from my house. So we all live very close to one another.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%