I Need Help!!!!! Purchase Black Fondant

Decorating By manda113158 Updated 15 Aug 2009 , 8:31am by xstitcher

manda113158 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manda113158 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 9

Hey all....I'm trying to find black fondant that is "pre-tinted". I need to make a large zebra themed cake and I don't want to color it myself.....too much work. So does anyone know where I can buy it - either online or in any stores???? Please let me know!!!!! THANKS!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

8 replies
beverlyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beverlyanne Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 9

Global Sugar Art has a 2 pound tub of Satin Ice on sale for $8.49 & a 5 pound tub is $16.99. They are very good to work with -- really fast service.

Bev

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 9

I get my Satin Ice from Global Sugar as well.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 9

A place in Toronto makes black fondant. I recently got some and it was very black - very soft, but very black. I wanted to make a marbled effect, but it wouldn't keep its shape when I lifted it to put on the cake. I ended up adding Gum Tex and kneading it into a medium dark grey. It was for a class cake so it worked out okay. (See my pics - hexagon b/w cake.) But I had a friend who ordered it and got a purple tone. With any coloured fondant, you take your chances that it's not exactly what you want.

It's McCall's Bakers Warehouse - www.mccalls-cakes.com .

Not sure if they'll ship to the US, but can't see why not. Give them a try.

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 9

cakesbysam shippes out immediately. that's where i used to get mine, i make my own now. icon_smile.gif

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 9

I get mine from GlobalSugarArt also. They are great to work with.

manda113158 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manda113158 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 2:59am
post #7 of 9

Thank you so much for the help! The Satin Ice looks like exactly what and how much I need - THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 3:05am
post #8 of 9

Satin Ice just updated their website and added photos of Anne (Pink Cake Box), Buddy (Carlo's Bakery), and Elisa (Confetti Cakes).

It's really cute!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 8:31am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeForte

just updated their website and added photos of Anne (Pink Cake Box), Buddy (Carlo's Bakery), and Elisa (Confetti Cakes).

It's really cute!

I saw that! If you click on testimonials you'll see some more big name cake decorators on there, Collete Peters and Ron Ben-Israel just to name a couple.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%