Have You Ever???

Decorating By mackeymom Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 1:36am by Kandy4283

mackeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mackeymom Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 10

Made your own birthday cake?! My birthday is this Sunday, and I am going to make my own cake.... but I can't fond anything that seems "personalized" to me! How crazy! I can come up with something for anyone but when it comes to me.... I got nothing!

9 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 10

why don't you try putting it on paper first. just think of some of the things you like to do and go from there. what are your favorite colors...hobbies...etc! thumbs_up.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 10

when i do cakes for myself i usually pick a design i've had my eye for awhile that i have'nt had a chance to make and i go it. it may not be personilized but its what i wanted to do.
do you have any cakes saved to ur favs that you've just been waiting to try?

donkeemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donkeemom Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 10

Happy Birthday!

jardot22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jardot22 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 10

Or you could pick out something that you've been wanting, like a Prada purse or something, and then re-create it with cake, then put a bunch of personalized stuff spilling out of it, like lipstick and a phone and stuff like that icon_smile.gif

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 10

I always make my own cake! I usually make a chocolate truffle. Or, if there is a particular technique I want to try out or practice, I'll use my birthday cake as an excuse. Happy Birthday!

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:15am
post #7 of 10

a read on a post here once that someone makes their own birthday cake but their birthday present is that someone else cleans up the mess!! I thought that was such an awesome idea!

PianoDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PianoDiva Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:31am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmakescakes

a read on a post here once that someone makes their own birthday cake but their birthday present is that someone else cleans up the mess!! I thought that was such an awesome idea!

Wonder if I can convince my husband and kids to make this gift retroactive and get fifteen years worth of cleaning up my birthday baking messes?

--PianoDiva

hensor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hensor Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:32am
post #9 of 10

I would pick a cake that you have wanted to make that noboby has asked for yet. That way it would be kinda like a surprise!!!

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:36am
post #10 of 10

I gotta say that I would do the same as most of you are saying too...I think if there is a cake that you have been wanting to experiment with or decorate a certain way, make something to that extent! That way you would not be "wasting" a cake...and that is normally what I do to get practice in.... oopps!! We don't really eat sweets at my house, so it's hard to "just make a cake" for practice!! I would for sure take the opportunity and make something you have been wanting to try and hope for the best!!! Good luck and Happy birthday!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%