Storing Cake

Decorating By jen4230 Updated 13 Aug 2009 , 5:58pm by jen4230

jen4230 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:32pm
post #1 of 3

Ok I am making a wedding cake for Saturday I will frost it Thursday and then it has to be dropped off at the hall Friday . My question is after i frost it Thursday it will be in the refridgerator for 2 days will that be ok or will it pick up flavors or something? Also i have froze the cakes since Tuesday so I would think it would be ok but i have never kept one in the fridge this long and was wondering if its ok? Please help..

PSS: I am so thankful for this site and all the CC members they have helped me in so many situations. I am very addicted to this site icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Makeitmemorable Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 3:20pm
post #2 of 3

Hi There,

If you are covering the cake in fondant, you will not need to put it in the fridge. Once the cakes are covered they are basically sealed and can sit like that for up to a week no problems even you have had them frozen before hand.

I am not sure if it is buttercream since I have never used it but I would assume that so long as it is somewhere cool, you would not need to have it in the fridge. I am not sure about the cakes absorbing smells but I am sure that you will not have any problems with the fridge so long as there is no strong smell in there.

Good luck,

jen4230 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you makeitmemorable I did it in all BC she does not like fondant and refused to use it even if i flavored it so i used Sharons Sugarshack recipe which is working out fantasically. Finally a buttercream that crusts well and taste good but not to sweet..So i am going to store it in the fridge right now here its very humid so i dont want to leave it out or it will melt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%