Sleeved Fillings?

Decorating By princesscatt Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 1:02am by beachcakes

princesscatt Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:18pm
post #1 of 18

Has anyone ever used premade sleeved icing for their cakes?? I was thinking about ordering cream cheese filling for an upcoming order so that I don't have to refrigerate the cake..just wondering if they taste as good as home made??

17 replies
BaBa Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 18

I have used them several times and personalloy think they are great. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for quite awhile. Also use it in cupcakes yum.

amberc75 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 18

The only sleeve filling I have tried is the raspberry. I made a lemon cake, and alternated lemon curd filling (first time I've ever made lemon curd), and raspberry from the sleeve. I thought it was very good.

Sorry, can't help with the cream cheese. Only tried the raspberry. I will be watching this though, because I'm interested in knowing what others say on this topic. I'm sure some of the more "filling experienced" will come on and help you in a quick minute, though. icon_smile.gif

neelycharmed Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 18

HI,
I've used cream cheese, strawberry, vanilla and chocolate.
they are all great, and would recommend them.
saves a lot of time and trouble.
icon_smile.gif Jodi

indydebi Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:50pm
post #5 of 18

All I ever use is sleeved fillings. Ironically, the only one I don't like, taste-wise, is the cream cheese. Many people do like it, so I'd suggest that you try it personally, first, before putting it on a customer's cake.

leah_s Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:51pm
post #6 of 18

sleeved icing? I use the sleeved fillings.

Kayakado Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 18

I've purchased pineapple and coconut. I threw the pineapple away, it didn't taste good to me and the coconut I doctored. I will make all homemade fillngs from now on. The sleeve stuff saves time but in my opinion doesn't compare very well next to my homemade.

suz3 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:05pm
post #8 of 18

I didn't like the cream cheese but did like lemon.

PamelaB Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:46pm
post #9 of 18

I have not tried the cream cheese, but the raspberry and lemon are good.

CakeMakar Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 5:02pm
post #10 of 18

I'd try it definitely beforehand. There are some that I like and some that I don't. Our cake store has a chocolate sleeve that is the nastiest thing ever - tastes more like fermented figs or something. I liked the strawberry one I tried, but they sell one in a tub I like even better.

indydebi Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 5:55pm
post #11 of 18

cakemakar, if the choc was chocolate bavarian, that one does have an "odd" taste. But I'm not a fan of bavarian, so that could be a factor.

nattiefu Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 6:03pm
post #12 of 18

Where does everyone get there sleeve fillings/icings?

cylstrial Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 6:13pm
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattiefu

Where does everyone get there sleeve fillings/icings?

www.countrykitchensa.com

icon_biggrin.gif Hope that helps. Just type in sleeve filling in the search button and you will get all the flavors (and there are a bunch).

mjk350 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 7:39pm
post #14 of 18

How long can you keep the sleeve fillings? And once they are opened for how long?

Price Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 7:44pm
post #15 of 18

I have tried the lemon and like it alot. Always get good reviews from the family.

pattigunter Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 7:52pm
post #16 of 18

I've used strawberry and lemon. I mixed them with buttercream icing and absolutely loved the result. I dont like them alone but mixed with the icing they came out pretty good. Our local party store carries them so I dont have to order them.

Gingoodies Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:25pm
post #17 of 18

The fruit flavors are great. I use the lemon for lemon meringue pie! The other fruit flavors are even good to fill thumbprint cookies.

beachcakes Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:02am
post #18 of 18

I use the sleeve fillings all.the.time. I really like the strawberry and lemon. I'm not a fan of the bav/ choc bav cream, but everyone else seems to love it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%