Idea For A Cake Celebrating Baby's First Laugh

Decorating By chubbychef Updated 15 Aug 2009 , 3:49am by tatechloeandlucysmom

chubbychef Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 3:56am
post #1 of 8

I just got a call for a cake. They are celebrating "Baby's First Laugh". Any ideas???? I thought about a big red mouth, but that isn't really childlike. Maybe a jack in the box?? Any other idea would be great.

7 replies
tatechloeandlucysmom Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:14am
post #2 of 8

Hi there! OH I LOVE THIS!!! WHAT SWEET PEOPLE!!! Okay, I painted around the top of the walls in Chloe and Lucy's room the following:

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into 1,000 pieces and they all went skipping about; -and that was the beginning of Fairies. And now when every new baby is born, it's first laugh becomes a fairy." -Peter Pan

EEEE you have me so excited now! Okay, so, the obvious is that for a little girl, you can run with the fairy theme... for a little boy you could do ol' Peter Pan.... you could try a bassinette with some indication of a fairy somewhere... sparkles of some kind... a fairy on a wire over bassinette... I dunno... I hope this helps you out somehow... meanwhile, I'll be thinking about it all night while walking the floor with my two little fairies lol. icon_lol.gif
- wishing you happy thoughts, pixie dust and laughter, Laura

LaBellaFlor Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 5:08am
post #3 of 8

That is such a cute idea and perfect or a baby. I love that phrase from that story and its just so perfect.

chubbychef Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you sooooo much! I will start on my fairys, wasy to do a small 2 tier in pale green, with flowers and fairys. This is right up my ally, thank you!!!!

I'll post pics, the cake is for next saturday.

tatechloeandlucysmom Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 8

OH YAY!!! Thanks to both of you! Please, do post pics, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU DO! Both of your kind words gave me goosebumps. Such nice people around here! icon_smile.gif Good Luck! icon_smile.gif -Laura

chubbychef Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:24pm
post #6 of 8

just thinking....one more question..............I have never charged for a cake. I always give them away.

If I do the oval bassinett, with the blanket in soft green, with a fairy/flower deco on the blanket...........saying printed on fondant as part of the "emboridery" on the blanket.

cake size should feed 35

LaBellaFlor Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 8

With all the fairies and gumpaste work involved that bumps the price to about $6.00 a serving, I get $210.

tatechloeandlucysmom Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 3:49am
post #8 of 8

Wow! It sounds beautiful! -I've never charged for a cake either... have actually only done a few. It DOES sound like a lot of hard work to be proud of! I have never thought about how much to charge... but $210 would be awesome for you! Cool, hope they go for it! I can't wait to see whatever the end result is! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%