Idea For A Cake Celebrating Baby's First Laugh

Decorating By chubbychef Updated 15 Aug 2009 , 3:49am by tatechloeandlucysmom

chubbychef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chubbychef Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 3:56am
post #1 of 8

I just got a call for a cake. They are celebrating "Baby's First Laugh". Any ideas???? I thought about a big red mouth, but that isn't really childlike. Maybe a jack in the box?? Any other idea would be great.

7 replies
tatechloeandlucysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatechloeandlucysmom Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:14am
post #2 of 8

Hi there! OH I LOVE THIS!!! WHAT SWEET PEOPLE!!! Okay, I painted around the top of the walls in Chloe and Lucy's room the following:

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into 1,000 pieces and they all went skipping about; -and that was the beginning of Fairies. And now when every new baby is born, it's first laugh becomes a fairy." -Peter Pan

EEEE you have me so excited now! Okay, so, the obvious is that for a little girl, you can run with the fairy theme... for a little boy you could do ol' Peter Pan.... you could try a bassinette with some indication of a fairy somewhere... sparkles of some kind... a fairy on a wire over bassinette... I dunno... I hope this helps you out somehow... meanwhile, I'll be thinking about it all night while walking the floor with my two little fairies lol. icon_lol.gif
- wishing you happy thoughts, pixie dust and laughter, Laura

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 5:08am
post #3 of 8

That is such a cute idea and perfect or a baby. I love that phrase from that story and its just so perfect.

chubbychef Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you sooooo much! I will start on my fairys, wasy to do a small 2 tier in pale green, with flowers and fairys. This is right up my ally, thank you!!!!

I'll post pics, the cake is for next saturday.

tatechloeandlucysmom Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 8

OH YAY!!! Thanks to both of you! Please, do post pics, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU DO! Both of your kind words gave me goosebumps. Such nice people around here! icon_smile.gif Good Luck! icon_smile.gif -Laura

chubbychef Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:24pm
post #6 of 8

just thinking....one more question..............I have never charged for a cake. I always give them away.

If I do the oval bassinett, with the blanket in soft green, with a fairy/flower deco on the blanket...........saying printed on fondant as part of the "emboridery" on the blanket.

cake size should feed 35

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 8

With all the fairies and gumpaste work involved that bumps the price to about $6.00 a serving, I get $210.

tatechloeandlucysmom Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 3:49am
post #8 of 8

Wow! It sounds beautiful! -I've never charged for a cake either... have actually only done a few. It DOES sound like a lot of hard work to be proud of! I have never thought about how much to charge... but $210 would be awesome for you! Cool, hope they go for it! I can't wait to see whatever the end result is! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%