Fondant

Baking By kats02 Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 3:10pm by smallville187

kats02 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 4

This is the first time to make a Wedding Cake. My Son is getting married in September; he and my future daughter in-law have asked me to make their Cake. I want to use fondant, white for the Wedding Cake and Chocolate for the Grooms Cake. I was going to make my own but have been convinced to buy. I tried the ChocoPan in vanilla, it tastes ok, a little chewey. What about the Satin Ice, vanilla and dark chocolate noire. icon_rolleyes.gif [/quote] Never Fear To Speak

3 replies
smallville187 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 4

I like using satin ice with modeling chocolate since it seems to be a newer formula imho

kats02 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:10am
post #3 of 4

Thanks Smallville187, Modeling Chocolate, I am new at this so what is it and how much do you add? icon_smile.gif

smallville187 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 4

modeling chocolate is a mixture of chocolate and corn syrup I add it to the fondant before it sets up... it mixes quite well I know there are recipes here I just use depending on what's on hand of course one bag of candy melts and pour the melted chocolate in the mixer and start mixing it and slowly add corn syrup til it starts to form a dough about 1/4-1/2 cup

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%