How To Make Toilet Paper Cake

Decorating By grannymo Updated 13 Aug 2009 , 9:39pm by Cake_Princess

grannymo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannymo Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 6

I need to make a cake shaped like a roll of toilet paper. If i use stacked 8 inch cake will it come out too large? Can I use buttercream? How do I make the end look like paper unless I use fondant? icon_smile.gif

5 replies
susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannymo

I need to make a cake shaped like a roll of toilet paper. If i use stacked 8 inch cake will it come out too large? Can I use buttercream? How do I make the end look like paper unless I use fondant? icon_smile.gif

On the one I did, I used 6" layers.....looks more like a roll of tissue.....I'm not sure if you could do the end to look like toilet paper unless you did use fondant.......it would be very hard to do, I think.......

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 6

I agree, 6" will look better. You could do it with buttercream and use a fine decorating comb to drag in a circle on the end to give the impression of layers of paper.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 3:52am
post #4 of 6
Quote:

I did a Toilet paper cake recently and I found the 6 inch rounds worked well. If you plan on using an 8 inch you will need to scale whatever else you are putting on there so it's proportionate. I only used 2 cakes for a total of 4 inches in height.

I used fondant for a more realistic look. I used a sharp paring knife to score the top of to give that look of layers on the roll.

Here's a photo of the cake I made. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1425541

Cake_Princess

grannymo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannymo Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 6

thanks for your suggestions. Your cake is really cute!!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:39pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:

thanks for your suggestions. Your cake is really cute!!

Thank you Grannymo.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%