Purse Cake

Decorating By Melissa2000 Updated 16 Aug 2009 , 9:27pm by amyfj1

Melissa2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa2000 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 4

how do you make a cake purse???? I would like to make one for my mom bday... I made a shoe for the first time last night don't look to bad for the 1st one.

3 replies
chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 4

Go to the article section (at the top of your screen) and they have dircetions in there

jdub253 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdub253 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 4

You just have to stack small sections of cake and dowel. I made one for my very first try with fondant...didn't turn out great, but you could tell what it was supposed to be. I think it's really all about the details and decorations. Good Luck!

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 4

I baked two 9" rounds and and cut part of the bottoms off, glued them together with buttercream and then set them up on the flat ends. I placed a light crumb coat of buttercream and then decorated with buttercream stars. It was really easy to make and I didn't use dowels. The handle was made from fondant with toothpicks in each end so that they would stick into the cake. It's really easy to make one like this. The makeup was also made of fondant. The little girl I made it for loved it and so did all her friends.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%