Club Penguin Cake...fondant Or Buttercreme?

Decorating By dixiegirl76 Updated 13 Aug 2009 , 2:00am by Price

dixiegirl76 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 6

ok so my daughter wants a club penguin cake..she already has a favorite penguin picked out for me to put on cake ...my question is should I do a buttercreme transfer( I've done one in the past To me I found that the black bleed a little not bad but enough to aggravate me) Or should I make a large cutout out of fondant, apply it to the cake , which will be frosted in Buttercreme ?...I kinda want to try the cutout but not sure if it'll look ok...My idea was to get a coloring page of the pengin and trace it on fondant, cut and apply to cake....the cake by the way is sheet cake size...any suggestions would be very helpful!

5 replies
cookiemom51 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 6

Dixiegirl, check out my cake on Children's Birthday Cakes gallery. I only have one but it sure looks like my penguins could belong to Club Penguin. I swear I had not seen the Club Penguin birds before I made my cake LOL! They were easy to make from fondant and there is a tutuorial on this site for something similar. They were a lot of fun to make.

dixiegirl76 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:12am
post #3 of 6

Oh that cake came out so cute!!! I might have to try the fondant...tried it last year and ended up getting agravated and threw it away, maybe I'll try again!

Price Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:29am
post #4 of 6

I agree with Dixiegirl. I made a penguin cake last winter and it was so much fun. I'm hoping to get a chance to do another one. Penguins are easy figures to make and a good way to start modeling with fondant.

beachcakes Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:53am
post #5 of 6

And they're so cute!! icon_smile.gif I made a penguin cake for DS's Christmas party at school a few years ago. It reminded everyone of Club Penguin.

Price Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 2:00am
post #6 of 6

beachcakes, just had to check out your penguin cake. Love it, love it, love it! Maybe this winter Jackie should have a penguin cake contest on CC!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%