Club Penguin Cake...fondant Or Buttercreme?

Decorating By dixiegirl76 Updated 13 Aug 2009 , 2:00am by Price

dixiegirl76  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dixiegirl76 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 6

ok so my daughter wants a club penguin cake..she already has a favorite penguin picked out for me to put on cake ...my question is should I do a buttercreme transfer( I've done one in the past To me I found that the black bleed a little not bad but enough to aggravate me) Or should I make a large cutout out of fondant, apply it to the cake , which will be frosted in Buttercreme ?...I kinda want to try the cutout but not sure if it'll look ok...My idea was to get a coloring page of the pengin and trace it on fondant, cut and apply to cake....the cake by the way is sheet cake size...any suggestions would be very helpful!

5 replies
 cookiemom51  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemom51 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 6

Dixiegirl, check out my cake on Children's Birthday Cakes gallery. I only have one but it sure looks like my penguins could belong to Club Penguin. I swear I had not seen the Club Penguin birds before I made my cake LOL! They were easy to make from fondant and there is a tutuorial on this site for something similar. They were a lot of fun to make.

dixiegirl76  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dixiegirl76 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:12am
post #3 of 6

Oh that cake came out so cute!!! I might have to try the fondant...tried it last year and ended up getting agravated and threw it away, maybe I'll try again!

Price  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:29am
post #4 of 6

I agree with Dixiegirl. I made a penguin cake last winter and it was so much fun. I'm hoping to get a chance to do another one. Penguins are easy figures to make and a good way to start modeling with fondant.

beachcakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:53am
post #5 of 6

And they're so cute!! icon_smile.gif I made a penguin cake for DS's Christmas party at school a few years ago. It reminded everyone of Club Penguin.

Price  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 2:00am
post #6 of 6

beachcakes, just had to check out your penguin cake. Love it, love it, love it! Maybe this winter Jackie should have a penguin cake contest on CC!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%