Need Help With This One!

Decorating By preciosa225 Updated 13 Aug 2009 , 2:05pm by preciosa225

preciosa225 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 10

Ok, my daughter's teacher wants a cake for her husband's 40th birthday. However, she wants three tiers and each of them to reflect something different. One tier is to reflect the police department (as he is a police officer), another tier has to reflect Puerto Rico (that's where he was born and loves to visit), and the other tier needs to reflect motorcycles (that is his hobby). Phewww! I can come up with a few ideas but nothing that seems to flow together! Can anyone help me with any ideas or pics.

TIA

9 replies
Doug Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 10

replica of his badge
the PR flag
replica of logo of his make of motorcycle
?????

---

this hat
the PR Flag
his helmet or bandanna (as if on his head)
?????

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 10

Top tier - Motorcycle topper (from dollar store?) with tire tread wrapped around outside.

Middle tier - PR flag wrapped around it (twice, if necessary).

Bottom tier - Police badges all around.

If you know somewhere that will do edible images for you (often a grocery store that does cakes will have a source), then you can get it all done that way, and just wrap each layer with the patterns.

HTH

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 10

A cop on a motorcycle driving through puerto rico

LaBellaFlor Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 10:51pm
post #5 of 10

Bottom tier covered in fondant so it looks like a policeman's shirt with a badge, 2nd tier covered in fondant like the Puerto Rican flag with maybe those frogs that are native to there on it, top tier covered in black with a Harley emblem on top, unless he's into sports bikes, then I'ld cover in a bright blue with pearl dust and the Hybusa emblem on top. I think the cake should be a direct reflection of him, so it may not "flow", but will still make ssense.

venuscakes Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:26am
post #6 of 10

I have an idea that springs to mind

A man in police uniform riding his motorbike to puerto rico

bottom tier could be police department theme with station building, badge around the side.

Next tier up could be outdoor scene around side of cake with him riding on bike around top of bottom tier and a road sign on the side of the cake to Puerto Rico.

Top tier could be things peculiar to puerto rico that he will recognise.

Amandax

beachcakes Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:17pm
post #7 of 10

It doesn't really have to "flow", it's all about different parts of his life, so one tier for each will be fine! I recently did one for our retiring parish priest in three tiers - one for our town and local organizations he was involved in, one for his years in the army, and one to represent him being a priest. I was afraid it would be too busy, but it came out well... http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1394428

He LOVED it!

vickymacd Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:39pm
post #8 of 10

Wow, beachcakes, that cake is amazing! I wouldn't have thought a seperate layer for each thing, but yours was so pulled together and just FIT. Very nicely done!!

beachcakes Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:41pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks vicky! My son was his Altar Server and helped design it. I wasn't sure at first, but I was pleased with it. icon_smile.gif

preciosa225 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 2:05pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks to all sooo much. I really like all of these ideas and seeing Beachcakes' beautiful cake (thanks for sharing) really helped as well. I knew pretty much what to do but was kinda skeptical as to whether it would look ok with different themes on different tiers. I guess I am just more of a visual person and since I am fairly new at this I don't always trust my first instincts, so I was relying on the experts to give the "Ok" LOL.

Thanks again!

Cari

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%