Need Urgent Help To Achieve Cerise/hot Pink

Decorating By Sabz Updated 12 Aug 2009 , 7:38pm by Sabz

Sabz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sabz Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 5

There was a post on this topic, but didn't help me. The colour wheel/how to colour icing article didn't have anything about it.
Need to make fondant hearts in this colour for this Saturday.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
TIA,
Sabz

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 5

The only way I know how to make it is to buy it and use it.
I've never known any way to mix it.

Sorry.

I mean you can use tons of rose color I think, candy pink but I don't know any mix to get it unless you start with it.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 5

If you can get your hands on some Satin Ice pink, you won't need to add a thing.

Otherwise, the best mixture I've found is, start with Chefmaster No-fade pink. It's kind of a mauve color, but it helps 'set' the rest of the color and discourages fading. Then, mix in Americolor Electric Pink.

If you can find hot pink luster or petal dust, you can mix that with alcohol or confectioners glaze and paint your stars. Tint your star fondant pink before painting to achieve a deep pink.

Clovers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Clovers Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 5

I just use Wilton's rose pink gel colour and I always get hot pink. I don't need tons of it, just enough that it's just starting to get to the colour that I want - it sets in pretty nice after that.

Sabz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sabz Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks you guys for your advice so far. DianeLM, I don't have any of the colours you've mentioned. I'll have to pop in to my shop and check again.

I've got dusky pink petal dust, and rose petal pink (thats a different colour from rose pink right?). Can I work with these and red?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%