Vanilla Pudding In Buttercream Icing?

Baking By adamsgama Updated 12 Aug 2009 , 3:43pm by Yankie

adamsgama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsgama Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 11:19am
post #1 of 10

Has anyone ever tried to use vanilla pudding in their favorite buttercream icing recipe? I know most people are looking for a snow white icing, but what if you were going for flavor instead.
I was thinking of using a couple pf pudding cups in my icing, or try dry pudding mix, but I was afraid it would be dry or gritty tasting. Has anyone done this??
I use the WASC all the time, love it, but wanted a nice smooth icing just for eating to go with it.
Adamsgama

9 replies
bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 11:59am
post #2 of 10

I use white chocolate pudding in buttercream all the time. Only use about 2 tablespoons in a 3 cup recipe and it won't be gritty.

Beth in KY

adamsgama Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 10

thanks Beth, is that liquid (pudding cups) or the powder. I live in Canada and we do not have White Chocolate pudding here.

Let me know what you use and how and I will try our Jello Vanilla,

Thanks

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 10

I use the powder and only a couple of Tablespoons per 3 cup batch of buttercream. I would think the liquid pudding cups would be fine, but, you'll need to watch your liquid/dry ratio. I'd probably only use a couple of Tablespoons of the liquid as well at first.

Beth in KY

phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 10

adamsgama I also live in Canada, not sure where you are but if you have a superstore they sell white chocolate pudding powder.

adamsgama Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 10

I live in Toronto and we do have (Loblaw's) superstores around me. I will look for them next time I shop.
Thank you both and I will let you know how the icing turns out.

phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 3:19pm
post #7 of 10

I live in Windsor and it's The Real Canadian Superstore not sure if it's the same as yours but have a look! Good Luck.

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 3:34pm
post #8 of 10

would also like to know how this turns out.
icon_smile.gif Jodi

sweet-thing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-thing Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 3:39pm
post #9 of 10

I throw dry pudding in mine all the time. Especially chocolate. Tastes yummy! Just like others said though, you have to adjust liquids or it will be dry and thick.

Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yankie Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 3:43pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet-thing

I throw dry pudding in mine all the time. Especially chocolate. Tastes yummy! Just like others said though, you have to adjust liquids or it will be dry and thick.

Are you talking about pudding in the little box...if so, do you get instant or the one you have to cook?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%