When Buying My Cricut - Just A Quick Question ...

Decorating By Verina Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 8:26pm by FantasyLand

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 5:17am
post #1 of 8

I'll be buying the Cricut Expression as well as SCAL and the deep cutting blade. Do I need to purchase a cartridge to be able to use the machine with SCAL? I read somewhere that I did need one cartridge to enable the machine to work.

Thanks

Verina

7 replies
grandmacupcake09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmacupcake09 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verina

I'll be buying the Cricut Expression as well as SCAL and the deep cutting blade. Do I need to purchase a cartridge to be able to use the machine with SCAL? I read somewhere that I did need one cartridge to enable the machine to work.

Thanks

Verina

You will get a cartridge with the machine.

pkinkema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkinkema Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 8

What is SCAL? Do I need it? Last weekend I bought the Personal model for carrying convenience. WHAT FUN! But it's gonna take some practicing before I'm fondant ready..... icon_biggrin.gif

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:23am
post #4 of 8

O, thank you so much for responding! I didn't get the notification that someone had and I thought to check my post before I actually go out and buy my Cricut.

CC ROCKS!

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 8

I'd be interested in the answer also because like you I saw where you need a cartridge to run it even with scal and some used ones are sold without cartridges. Yet I can't find the answer anywhere if the machine will not run without a cartridge inserted.

Jadeis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jadeis Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:19pm
post #6 of 8

You will get one cartridge with the Cricut, and you don't need to buy another if you are using SCAL. To get SCAL to work, you need to download a trial version of Cricut Design Studio for free so that it upgrades the firmware on your Cricut. Here's a link to the trial: http://www.cricut.com/cds/DesignStudioTrial1.aspx

FantasyLand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FantasyLand Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 8

Verina ... do you own a cricut now? If so, CONGRATS!! Cannot believe I bump into you here ... I'm also on the lookout for a cricut, to use for scrapbooking, quilting and now cake decorating. Cannot WAIT to order ... BUT, 1 question : seeing that it's an electrical "appliance", is it dual voltage? Do you have a place in SA that sell them or are you going to order from the States?

Hope to hear from you soon ...

FantasyLand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FantasyLand Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 8:26pm
post #8 of 8

Bump icon_wink.gif Anybody else ... ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%