When Buying My Cricut - Just A Quick Question ...

Decorating By Verina Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 8:26pm by FantasyLand

Verina Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 5:17am
post #1 of 8

I'll be buying the Cricut Expression as well as SCAL and the deep cutting blade. Do I need to purchase a cartridge to be able to use the machine with SCAL? I read somewhere that I did need one cartridge to enable the machine to work.

Thanks

Verina

7 replies
grandmacupcake09 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verina

I'll be buying the Cricut Expression as well as SCAL and the deep cutting blade. Do I need to purchase a cartridge to be able to use the machine with SCAL? I read somewhere that I did need one cartridge to enable the machine to work.

Thanks

Verina

You will get a cartridge with the machine.

pkinkema Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 8

What is SCAL? Do I need it? Last weekend I bought the Personal model for carrying convenience. WHAT FUN! But it's gonna take some practicing before I'm fondant ready..... icon_biggrin.gif

Verina Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:23am
post #4 of 8

O, thank you so much for responding! I didn't get the notification that someone had and I thought to check my post before I actually go out and buy my Cricut.

CC ROCKS!

jillangel Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 8

I'd be interested in the answer also because like you I saw where you need a cartridge to run it even with scal and some used ones are sold without cartridges. Yet I can't find the answer anywhere if the machine will not run without a cartridge inserted.

Jadeis Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:19pm
post #6 of 8

You will get one cartridge with the Cricut, and you don't need to buy another if you are using SCAL. To get SCAL to work, you need to download a trial version of Cricut Design Studio for free so that it upgrades the firmware on your Cricut. Here's a link to the trial: http://www.cricut.com/cds/DesignStudioTrial1.aspx

FantasyLand Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 8

Verina ... do you own a cricut now? If so, CONGRATS!! Cannot believe I bump into you here ... I'm also on the lookout for a cricut, to use for scrapbooking, quilting and now cake decorating. Cannot WAIT to order ... BUT, 1 question : seeing that it's an electrical "appliance", is it dual voltage? Do you have a place in SA that sell them or are you going to order from the States?

Hope to hear from you soon ...

FantasyLand Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 8:26pm
post #8 of 8

Bump icon_wink.gif Anybody else ... ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%