Brother In Law Ugh!!!

Lounge By mrspriss0912 Updated 15 Aug 2009 , 3:03am by mrspriss0912

mrspriss0912 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:07am
post #1 of 7

So sorry guys but have to get this off my chest.... Today my BIL showed his but with DH and it turnes into a toal fiasco. BIL is sick and has been every since DH and I have been together I have fussed about his comments before in regards to DD and her body but today he was a espically giant A@*. He uses the fact that he is sick as an excuse to just treat anybody he comes in contact with like crap! Always making rude comments about people or just saying stupid and hateful things to get a rise out of the people around him then when called out about his behavior he plays the I'm sick card. I understand that he is not well and that he is frustrated but honestly is this any reason to just be a mean person?????? I have delt with people in far worse physcial and mental shape than he is who have a thousand times better persoanlity and out look on life!
He started in on DH today and accused him of trying to get all the inheritance ???? WTF !!!! icon_mad.gif Just because DH helps his family out when they call him for help.... DH can literally fix anything and BIL cant or half the time wont. I want to be angry for the way he has upset DH and the rest of the family but at the same time I know he is sick and has issues but honestly why would anybody take joy in causing family this much pain and keeping discontent in the home??? Sorry this was long but I am just rambeling to get it out of my system ..DH had to vent to me now its my turn to vent . Thx

6 replies
cylstrial Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:21am
post #2 of 7

Aww...sending hugs your way. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. I hope it gets better for you. Just ignore him though. It sounds like he likes to get a rise out of all of you - so don't let him. Maybe he'll stop doing it.

Auryn Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 7

Some people are just losers and are literally emotional leeches.
Finding pleasure in causing harm and pain to others.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this kind of crap.

I try to avoid people like this at all costs, I don't care if they are family.
There are a handful of people in my family (closely related) that I absolutely refuse to socialize with. I don't care if they all think I'm a jerk, I wont let myself get sucked into their negative vortex.

Why was the bil even around your house???

KKC Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 7

I completely understand how you feel...I have an a**hole of a BIL. DH always has to bail him out of jail for stupid things and you know why because he is the baby. Baby my foot...he's 24 yrs old now its time to start growing up. It gets so annoying! The other day he called my husband and asked can he use his identity to work because he has an open arrest case or something like that icon_mad.gif I am so glad that we live miles away from each other because I can't stand to be around that nonsense. And of course my hubby is going to bail him out cause thats his brother...oh well, you gotta love family icon_cry.gif

michellenj Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 7

My brother is the one who causes trouble in my family. Every October I start to panic because I know the holidays are coming. He LOVES to make other people feel bad. Every family get together that we have it's like someone sucked all the air out of the room and we're on eggshells, just waiting for the eventual blowup.

I'd just try to avoid BIL whenever possible. Nobody's going to be able to change or talk sense into him.

adonisthegreek1 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 3:01am
post #6 of 7

Sick or not, it is time to put your BIL in his place. Your husband has to back you up and stand his ground as well. There's a sickly, elderly person in my family who goes out of his way to make everyone miserable. When I think about it, he was a miserable young man too. I had taken his abuse for years. Well I was finally fed up. The last time he cut into me, I dished it right back. His mouth fell open in shock and now we are the best of friends.

mrspriss0912 Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 3:03am
post #7 of 7

Well BIL went into the hospital the same night as the fight..... We were told not to come up or we would be arrested !! In reality we would have been asked to leave campus of the hospital DUGH !!! They are supposed to be so much smarter than everybody else but are still silly enough to think threats are going to help. Niece is telling everybody that DH tried to kill her daddy.....Glad I am not paying for her college it oblviously not working , Besides andybody who reads his chart will know she is lying! I am pretty sure he had another reaction to his meds. But BIL and his family want DH to believe that it is all his fault! I want nothing more to do wit them and DH feels the same way I just hate it for my MIL she is such a sweet person and she dosent deserve to be put in the middle of this crap. Hopefully this will all blow over I dont kow if it will though.
Thanks again for listening and letting me know that I am not the only one with disfunctional family.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%