How Far In Advance Can I Make Gumpaste Accents?

Decorating By luv2cook721 Updated 13 Aug 2009 , 3:50am by xstitcher

luv2cook721 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:01am
post #1 of 4

I am new to gumpaste so I need some advice. I am planning a Chicago Skyline/City Scape for my dad's b-day next Feb. Since my design will include bokoodles of hand-painted gumpaste accents and my time is tight, I need to know how early I can start making them. I realize that Feb is a long way off at this point, but I am an obsessive planner and am excited about this cake.

3 replies
xstitcher Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 6:35am
post #2 of 4

You can make them now if you like. They'll keep until then, some people keep theirs as keepsakes for years. I personally don't eat gp so keeping them for long periods of time is not an issue. Just keep them from getting dust on them and keep them where they will be moisture free. A cardboard would work well.

luv2cook721 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 4

Cool, that is what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure. I am having so much fun planning this cake, but am also feeling the task will be daunting since there are so many awesome elements that MUST be included to make it perfect!

xstitcher Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 3:50am
post #4 of 4

I'm sure you'll do fine and because your planning so far in advance you'll have a lot of time to figure things out and re-do if necessary. I'm sure your Dad will love it no matter what. Have fun! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%