How Many Box Mixes In A 20Qt Mixer

Decorating By nesweetcake Updated 12 Aug 2009 , 12:10am by nesweetcake

nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 4

Help, have a new (to me-used) 20 quart mixer, but does anyone know approximately how many box mixes (maximum) can be mixed at a time? Also how many pounds of powdered sugar/shortening can be mixed for icing? Thanks in advance for any help!

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesweetcake

Help, have a new (to me-used) 20 quart mixer, but does anyone know approximately how many box mixes (maximum) can be mixed at a time? Also how many pounds of powdered sugar/shortening can be mixed for icing? Thanks in advance for any help!

I think you can just fit three into a 6 qt, so maybe like one box per 2 quarts so 10-ish maybe? really you need to twiddle with it to determine what works best for you.

Congrats on the cool new 2u mixer. icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 4

Not too many weeks ago, I had a great bride who wanted her cake all one flavor. I think I put 12 mixes in the bowl and still had room left over. I probably could have gotten 3 or 4 more easy.

I'm not so much remembering the 12 mixes, but remembering the 48 eggs that needed to go in there! icon_eek.gif

nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 12:10am
post #4 of 4

THANKS to both of you! This helps me at a really great starting point. This weekend is an all chocolate and white wedding cake so the new commercial oven and mixer are going to make baking much simpler. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%