How To Make Sugar Blown Balls

Sugar Work By bublinka77 Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 8:06am by bublinka77

bublinka77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bublinka77 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, can you please give me a link or just told me how to make balls or birds made of blown "sugar substance"? How do I make this sugar substance please? Thank you all for any ideas.

7 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 8

if you go to the sugar forum, theres lots of posts there about it. i think its tricky to get right, but they do look stunning!
xx

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 8

i bought a book from country kitchen at ices convention. i have taken a blown sugar class with keith ryder. i have taken several demos at convention the last several years.. they are great. now i am ready to play. want to get my warming box made.. there are sites on internet showing all kinds of blown sugar.. they are on youtube.... i love the book from country kitchen .. all info in there you could want..to get started.. so many projects.. then there are dvd's out on this also.. hththe book is by vi whittington.. it is called cooked sugar art.. been reading and studying it since i got home. but taking a class and demos has helped me to understand this books.. so research on this that you have asked about..

bublinka77 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you, I´ll try to browse "the sugar forum" properly icon_smile.gif And as for the book, do you have any links where to buy it please? Thanks a lot xxx

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 7:53pm
post #5 of 8

Here is the link to Country Kitchen - Autumn and Vi are wonderful folks to talk to.

BTW - Keith Ryder is doing a class on the sugar at our DOS in Sept. (I am taking it!)

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/

CrazyCakeLady2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrazyCakeLady2008 Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 5:59am
post #6 of 8

I keep looking for classes for blown sugar art also. I love this dimension to cake decorating. I want to work more and more with blown sugar, I just love the way it looks and the touch it adds to cakes. Thanks for the link for the book icon_smile.gif

kincaellan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kincaellan Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:30am
post #7 of 8

There's loads of links on here and a step by step i believe.
If you have any questions prvt message us and we'll do our best to help.

www.kincaellan.com

bublinka77 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 8:06am
post #8 of 8

Hi! Thank you all for help and links!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%