Help Needed Asap! Strawberry Cheesecake Wasc?

Baking By 4theloveofcake Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 7:34pm by mcdonald

4theloveofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4theloveofcake Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 3

hey everyone

so i'm trying to make a strawberry cheesecake cake using the original WASC recipe. i couldnt find any cheesecake pudding mix, so i bought a "jello no bake real cheesecake dessert" kit, which includes 'filling mix' which when mixed with milk makes real cheesecake.. would i be able to use some of this mix in replace of cheesecake pudding to get the cheesecake flavor?

and also, since i couldnt find any strawberry cake mix, i just got vanilla and am planning to incorporate strawberry jello mix to flavor it up.

i need to start this cake right away here so any quick help would be definitely appreciated!

thanks in advance icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
4theloveofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4theloveofcake Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 3

anyone? icon_sad.gif

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 3

I would guess that you could use that filling instead of the pudding.. same effect I guess... just make sure you add enough liquid to incorporate that. I use powdered buttermilk and then add milk for the liquid, and it works out perfect, so I guess the same would work for what you need.

Adding the jello to the cake is good but if you have any strawberries or strawberry nectar, that would really make it rich in the strawberry flavor...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%