Need Explorer Cake Help!!

Decorating By SusieLu182 Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 10:03pm by rainbow_kisses

SusieLu182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieLu182 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 5

Hey Ladies, I need to make an explorer cake for this weekend, and I know she wants like butterflies on it and like a magnifying glass and maybe some other bugs... but I only get Dora the Explorer cakes come up if I search anywhere for Explorer cakes... So any thought of what I could do to make it look more Explorerish (lol is that even a word??) I want to make it a 2 tier cake, probably gonna do it in fondant.. any help of what I could actually decorate the tiers with, color, and design I would greatly appreciate it!! Her color of her invites were like a tan with red lady bugs and green leaves.... if that helps any!! Thank you in advance!!!

Susan

4 replies
nanikins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanikins Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 5

A few things that come to mind:

canteen
camera
butterfly net
jungle vegetation
note book
safari hat
bug spray
machete
backpack

Hope that helps a little.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 5

I'm picturing a yard scene with a little girl looking at a ladybug or caterpillar through a magnifying glass...maybe some flowers and more ladybugs (or other bugs) all over the cake

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 5

Or to use Nanikins' ideas, have the little girl exploring bugs in the jungle with a safari hat instead of in a yard...

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 10:03pm
post #5 of 5

how about making it look like the forest floor on the bottom tier and the jungle canopy on the top tier adding the bugs and butterflies, nets and glass in various places, topping it with a girl in a safari outfit icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%