Do You Like Satin Ice?

Decorating By ktbug Updated 12 Aug 2009 , 1:40am by Cheyanne25

ktbug Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 6

I am thinking about buying Satin Ice Fondant...I'd be buying white and black.I was wondering what everyone thought about it. Pros & Cons??? Thanks for your help!

5 replies
diane Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 6

good investment! it's terrific stuff...tastes good and is easy to work with!

cylstrial Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 6

I love Satin Ice! I always have black on hand because I hate trying to get white fondant to a dark black.

PinkZiab Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 11:18pm
post #4 of 6

Love it... it's all I use now. It handles great and tastes pleasant. I stock it in every color they make and I use those to blend my custom colors. I LOVE not having to mess around with kneading in gels or pastes to color my fondant!

Pebbles1727 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 1:02am
post #5 of 6

Did not like it. It tastes okay, but the smell...oh my..hated it. I did not cover the cake with it, just did decorations with it, it was too soft working, so the shapes were stretching, and at the same time was drying up really fast, so it had that elephant skin-crinkled look. Have very limited experience working with it though, did not bother figuring it out--smell was too terrible of a turn off for me.
Many people love it, so it must be pretty good, just not for me,

Cheyanne25 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 1:40am
post #6 of 6

My customers love the taste (I don't like the texture of fondant). It's good to work with, can be a little soft. The first time I used it I did notice that it had a very strong 'sugar/sweet' aroma, but after using it a few times it didn't bother me at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%