Vanilla Pudding In Buttercream Icing

Baking By adamsgama Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 6:45pm by peachcake

adamsgama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsgama Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever tried to use vanilla pudding in their favorite buttercream icing recipe? I know most people are looking for a snow white icing, but what if you were going for flavor instead.
I was thinking of using a couple pf pudding cups in my icing, or try dry pudding mix, but I was afraid it would be dry or gritty tasting. Has anyone done this??
I use the WASC all the time, love it, but wanted a nice smooth icing just for eating to go with it.
Adamsgama

4 replies
4theloveofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4theloveofcake Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 5

yum sounds good. bump because i'd like to know too icon_smile.gif

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 5

If you execute your idea let us know the results please ; )

peachcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peachcake Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 5

I made a cream cheese frosting and put pistachio pudding in it. I don't know why you couldn't use vanilla. In fact I have to make cupcakes for a b'day party Saturday and I am using buttercreme and putting my pistachio pudding in it. The other recipe was a little thinner but was extremely good. I put it over pistachio cake. Only brought home two pieces. It was the Watergate Cake II recipe from this site. Made cream cheese instead of icing that is posted with the cake recipe. It was posted by Bev.

peachcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peachcake Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 6:45pm
post #5 of 5

Also added 8 ounces of crushed pineapple to cake recipe. Tasted just like the Watergate Salad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%