How Much Would This Cost?/you Charge?

Decorating By BlackFlour Updated 12 Aug 2009 , 12:31pm by BlackFlour

BlackFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlackFlour Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 8

Just out of curiosity, how much would this cost? This is a beautiful cake done by dragonflydoces! TIA!!!!
LL
LL

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 8

First I'd get permission on the copyright issue. Then I'd say $4.50 per serving plus $50 give or take for the figurines. It's hard to see how detailed some of the smaller ones might be.

Beautiful work.

BlackFlour Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 8

I PMed her already! haha It's such a beautiful cake, and I know I can't even do close to the beautiful work she did! But I thought I'd see how expensive it was! It's so intricately detailed!!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 8

i don't think k8memphis necessarily meant the copyright from the creator of the cake, but of the actual characters on the cake. my understanding is you're not allowed to sell cakes with copyright(-ed?) characters on them (such as disney, mario, etc). i may be wrong, but that's the impression i've gotten. and it really is an amazing cake! my nephew would looove it.... who am i kidding? i would, too!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 11:27pm
post #5 of 8

Prices are all over the place on this website; a lot depends on where you live. I price my cakes what I think is fair and what I would be willing to pay for it if I couldn't do it myself.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:18am
post #6 of 8

You do have to get permission from whoever produced the image.

Gorgeous cake!!

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 4:02am
post #7 of 8

Is it an 8" and a 12"?

BlackFlour Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 12:31pm
post #8 of 8

Just to be safe, I think i'm going to attempt the cake with store bought figurines icon_smile.gif hehe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%