Do You Give Out Recipes??

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 12 Aug 2009 , 1:54pm by indydebi

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 12:25pm
post #31 of 34

I do give away recipes. To date, like indydeb said, no one can make my stuff the way I do, so big deal if they have the details - they don't have the technique! My DIL has tried for years to make my chocolate chip cookies with my recipe, then finally just gave up and told me to make my precious son his stinkin' cookies myself. Such glee!

Where we be if Michele Foster had hoarded her recipe? Or Sharon Zambito? Or all the others who've shared here on CC and elsewhere?

What if Alton Brown and Emeril didn't share? And Paula Dean - no Peanut Butter Bars???

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 12:27pm
post #32 of 34

Thanks Rhonda19 for asking this question. I almost posted the same question last week when I was asked for one of my recipes.

In the end I decided not to pass it on. I just couldn't bear to part with it. And I don't feel so bad now after reading some of the responses here.

BlackFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlackFlour Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 12:41pm
post #33 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaccts

If its something I found for 'free' (Googled, etc) then I give it for 'free'. If its something I've developed, secret ingredients or techniques then I don't give those out telling them something like 'if I told you then you wouldn't need me anymore" That usually does the trick and they get the hint.

I like that! That's nicely put and won't hurt feelings!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 1:54pm
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmom

I do give away recipes. To date, like indydeb said, no one can make my stuff the way I do, so big deal if they have the details - they don't have the technique! My DIL has tried for years to make my chocolate chip cookies with my recipe, then finally just gave up and told me to make my precious son his stinkin' cookies myself. Such glee!

My granddaughter lives in fear that if Santa doesn't have lemon cookies that her BANNA makes, then she's not getting any presents. It doesn't matter that her mom (my daughter) makes these lemon cookies all year long, granddaughter is taking NO chances with The Big Guy in the Red Suit! She starts around the first part of December reminding me that I HAVE to make cookies for Santa! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%