Wedding Cake Topper Sugarpaste

Decorating By micky29 Updated 12 Aug 2009 , 8:05am by micky29

micky29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micky29 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 5

Hello,
This is my first post on the forum, so maybe there's already a topic about my question..If there is, I can''t find it.
For a wedding cake I need to make in a few weeks the bride and groom want to see themselves made of sugarpaste/gumpaste as a topper on the cake.
The bride is 6 months pregnant and the groom thought it was a nice idea if the little groom on the cake is carrying his newly wed pregnant wife in his arms while he's with his knees in the cake. Like she's to heavy for him to carry.
I'm not a very big fan of the idea, but it's their cake, so...Does anyone have a clue in how to make such a topper. I did some modelling before but not much icon_sad.gif Is there a book, how to, tips, anything that can help me make this topper would be great. Because I'm getting sleepless nights of it icon_sad.gif Keep putting it of to make it and now I really have to start...
Thanks for your help!!
Micky

4 replies
BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 12:17am
post #2 of 5

Micky,
There is only one person I would recommend to help you on this. She used to be a member here on cc but I couldn't find her in the member list anymore - not sure why - her name here was Aine2. She has her own website and she is remarkable with gumpaste and figurines. Her real name is Lorraine McKay and she's wonderful with helping. She has video's and a blog for Q&A's - give her a shout. She helped me SO Much - I can never repay her for her kindness. The webiste is www.extraicingonthecake.com and
http://extra-icing.blogspot.com/
I hope this helps you (she inspired me so much - I had never done figurines and I'm hooked now). Good luck with the bride and groom. thumbs_up.gif
BJ

micky29 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 5

Hi BJ,

Thanks for your reply!! I looked at the site of Lorraine McKay (I already knew her name, saw some work of hers before) and now I'm more worried icon_sad.gif What a talent, how does she make those beautiful figures?
But thanks for the tips, I'm going to try to make the topper and make the best of it icon_smile.gif

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 5

Hithere!
I couldn't agree more with BJ, if you type in aine2 rather than Aine2 you will find her in the members list. I too am now hooked on figures but i reckon this would be a tricky one to do - even if you got the modelling right the weight issue of one figure holding the other would be a big problem i think. Hopefully lorraine will chip in and tell us how the master would do this one. good luck!

micky29 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 8:05am
post #5 of 5

Hithere,

Didn't think of that problem yet icon_sad.gif Think I,m going to do as BJ suggested and email Lorraine, because the rest of the cake design is simple. The attention is really on the topper, so it must be at least a liitle bit oke.
wish me luck icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%