Ot: Send Prayers Or Good Vibes To My Hubby.....

Lounge By JCE62108 Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 4:01pm by itsmylife

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 20

My husband just got out of back surgery. Im waiting in the room for him to come out of recovery. He had the damaged part of his disk removed. After 6 years of intesnse pain I am so excited that we finally got to do the surgery. I hope he feels better than before, at the best, pain free!!! Oh that would be wonderful. He is 24 years old so I am confident he will heal easily. I just hear so many stories of people being the same, if not worse. If he is the same as he was before he went in that would be devastating. I dont know if it could possibly be worse pain. Maybe it could only be worse if he was paralized. Argh. Im starting to get nervous again. I know in my heart he will be ok, but if you are reading this and thinking about us, think happy thoughts for us, send us good vibes, or pray for us, whatever your thing is.

Im just sitting here waiting......waiting is hard sometimes.

19 replies
Rebealuvsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebealuvsweets Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 20

Just put all your love and trust in the Lord. Everything will work out for your husband. God Bless u both...
Take care

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 20

If they did an MRI and saw something to actually perform surgery on, there is avery good chance he will be soooooo much better I will remember you both in my prayers tonight....keep happy thoughts.......he will be great..he is young....keep me updated...good luck, and God Bless

percussiongrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
percussiongrrl Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 20

Prayers for you and your hubby! My husband is also in his early 20s and struggles with back pain, so I understand your desire to see him PAIN FREE! I will send positive thoughts for a 100% recovery and a pain free back!

JCE62108 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:21pm
post #5 of 20

Oh several MRIs, xrays, etc, etc....

There was no choice here. THe damage was getting to the point to where he was risking paralisis by not getting it fixed soon, not to mention the pain he was in...so, yeah....Im thinking he is going to be worlds better. It makes me feel better to talk about it a little. Thanks for listening guys.

percussiongrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
percussiongrrl Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:24pm
post #6 of 20

Isn't that was the CC family is for?

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:29pm
post #7 of 20

he's so young to be having back surgery! bless his heart! icon_wink.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:37pm
post #8 of 20

I am so glad to hear he got help......we have the best medical care in the world...I pray they don't mess it up for us ...........good luck honey

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:43pm
post #9 of 20

Think happy thoughts and put your trust in God....He is guiding the surgeon's hands.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:43pm
post #10 of 20

Your husband & you will be in our thoughts & prayers for a speedy recovery.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:49pm
post #11 of 20

I will pray for you and your husband, God Is Good, God Is Great, Keep Trusting him and allwill be well

joyofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyofcakes Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:56pm
post #12 of 20

JCE62108 You both are in my prays. My husband had back surgery back in 1984, Did great until 2003 when he got hurt on the job. and has had 3 neck surgery, has a pain pump at this time, but doing fine. So I know a little of what your going though. and wish I would of had the cc family back then. Keep your chin up, think positive and know he will be okay and that prayers are going up for you both.

snowynight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowynight Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 12:02am
post #13 of 20

Only good thoughts and our prayers are with you for your husband's quick recovery. I know he will be good as new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 12:07am
post #14 of 20

Happy thoughts headed your way for you and DH--stay positive--it will definitely help.

bourbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bourbs Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:13am
post #15 of 20

I said a prayer as soon as I read it. Go Bless you both. He is so young to have so much pain in his back.
I pray for a speedy and successful recovery for him, poor dear.

Please keep us updated
Blessings Marie

JCE62108 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 11:45am
post #16 of 20

Thank you guys!!! Well, it is the next day now. Last night he was able to get up and walk around a few times. I was so proud of him. He is so determined to get better. He is doing really well. His pain gets pretty bad when the vicaden wears off, but other than that he seems ok. Its nearly 8am, they are going to discharge us soon so we can go home and rest, watch movies, eat ice cream, etc. LOL. I took off a week of work so I could be there with him if he needed it. Ahhh, rest and recovery for me as well! Now that the fear of the unknown is pretty much over with, I can relax.

Ok guys, I have to call all sorts of people this morning. Thanks again for listening. icon_smile.gif

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 12:33pm
post #17 of 20

Thanks for the update. I hope you both get lots of rest & have a speedy recovery.
Enjoy your time together.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 2:16pm
post #18 of 20

I'm happy to hear that things went well! You and your man enjoy your "healing" vacation icon_smile.gif

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 2:25pm
post #19 of 20

i'll pray that he makes a quick recovery and is pain-free in no time!

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 4:01pm
post #20 of 20

Here's to a speedy recovery thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%