Oven Element Burnt Out.grrrr

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 1:07am by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 11

Good thing I already baked my orders for this week....My bottom oven element started on a mini fire and burnt. icon_mad.gif

I have had this oven 2 years and I already replaced the convection fan and the small element inside the 3 element rings on one burner burnt out about 3 months ago...I am really chocked...The dam oven cost me $2000.00...I should have bought the cheap model... icon_cry.gif

Sorry about the rant!! icon_wink.gif

10 replies
diane Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 11

wow...it sounds like you've either been doing a lot of baking, or you ended up with one terrible oven. icon_confused.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 11

Both.....but I am ticked off..I mean isn't a oven supposed to last more than 2 years? The junk they build nowadays!!!

diane Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 11

for that price...it should last forever! icon_eek.gif

what brand and type is it?? icon_confused.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 11

It is a Kenmore Elite double oven..I thought Kenmore was supposed to be good...Last one I ever buy....

diane Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 11

wow...that looks like an awesome oven. i wonder if there is a recall of some sort. maybe for the exact problems you stated?? icon_confused.gif

is it still under warranty??? icon_confused.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:24pm
post #7 of 11

Nope...No warranty..They only warranty for 1 year and wouldn't yah know I started having thses problems at 18 months....

diane Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:30pm
post #8 of 11

this happened to me with my canon ip3000 printer. a few months after the warranty is when i started having problems with it. it stinks!! icon_mad.gif

sorry to hear about your oven. i would be upset too if i invested that much money in a product.

i wonder if there is similar complaints about the same oven. maybe you could do some research on the web and find out. thumbs_up.gif

Justbeck101 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:28pm
post #9 of 11

Hopefully you are not paying someone else to replace those things for you. It is pretty easy to do yourself

percussiongrrl Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:32pm
post #10 of 11

Have you called Kenmore? I know the oven is out of warranty but with this many continued problems, they might be willing to do something for you. I haven't ever had experience with Kenmore's customer service, but the customer service for my sewing machine (Singer) was wonderful even after the machine was out of warranty. They replaced a broken gear for free and even set up a local shop to do repairs so I wouldn't have to ship it. It can't hurt to call, you can only be back where you are right now!

Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:07am
post #11 of 11

Justbeck101...No...Hubby is a carpenter by trade so he does all that..
Percussiongrrl...I have already tried...They just gave me the old song and dance that I should have bought an extended warranty....If I bought an extended warranty for everything I have ever bought...I would be broke!!

Thanks Everyone!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%