What Size Vinyl

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 1:45pm by DianeLM

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, just got back from Walmart and I bought a 4' piece of vinyl to roll my fondant out onto as so many on here have suggested. My question is what size do you use? I can cut it I just dont want to cut it to small or leave it so large that I cannot handle it. Also, would you bother with a square piece and a round or not? TIA

4 replies
idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 9:22pm
post #2 of 5

I have a piece that is probably about 4 feet by 8 feet. I put in on my dining room table and tape it down on the edges with that blue masking tape. I keep it rolled on a cardboard roll so it won't get any folds or creases when I'm not using it. I did mark the different size circles that are on the Wilton mat on the underside of the vinyl so I have some sort of guide when I'm rolling out a piece of fondant. I don't think I'd cut the vinyl any smaller. I don't mind it being big.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 5

I cut mine into several sizes. Made sure to cut the biggest one first. icon_smile.gif That's the one I roll out on my kitchen table. Then, I have a couple smaller ones for the counter and some really small ones, like the size of a small Silpat, for really small jobs.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 5

Diane, How large is your big one?

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoos-8599_

Diane, How large is your big one?

My big one is 34 inches square.

My kitchen table is about 48x71.