Cotton Candy Cake?

Baking By joy5678 Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 3:15am by JanH

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a receipe for a cotton candy cake or icing? My nephew raved about this kind of cake at a party he went to and it sounds soooo
good. icon_lol.gif Would love to give it a try if anyone can help? If you don't have the receipe, what about some ideas on how to create one? I know you all have what it takes to come up with a great yummy cotton candy cake!! icon_smile.gif Looking forward to hearing from you. icon_eek.gif

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 12:09am
post #2 of 5
KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 12:29am
post #3 of 5

There is a recipe in the Cake Doctor Cupcake book....I tried it and was not too happy with it. It didn't call for the cotton candy lorann oil - that probably would have been better! Also, when I used real cotton candy to decorate the part that touched the frosting disolved and looked terrible.

If you find a good recipe I'd love to have it --- I'm a cotton candy lover myself.

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 3:13am
post #4 of 5

Our Hobby Lobby sells Loranne Oils....so guess where I'll be tomorrow (with coupon in hand)! Thanks for the ideas. I've never used these oils but understand that they are very concentrated. Any idea how much I should add to a box mix? icon_rolleyes.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 3:15am
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%