Very Stupid Question About This Recipe.

Baking By MrsNancyB1 Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 9:17pm by madgeowens

MrsNancyB1 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 12

Ok, I'm preparing myself to be embarassed by my stupid question, but here it goes. icon_razz.gif

I made Mohara's Darn Good chocolate cake recipe for my son's birthday and it was to die for! It was delicious, moist, dense and rich. That is now my go-to recipe for a good chocolate cake.

Now, I'm making a cake for my friend's daughter, and she requested a yellow cake instead of a chocolate one. I was planning to use Mohara's recipe, but instead of chocolate cake mix, use yellow cake mix and instead of chocolate pudding mix, use vanilla pudding mix. Will this be OK?? I want to use this recipe because I now have first-hand experience with it. I have not tried the WASC cake before although I hear good reviews about it. That's why I'd like to stick with this recipe if I can.

Here's the recipe for clarity:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2163-71-Darn-Good-Chocolate-Cake.html

I told you it was a stupid question. icon_redface.gif

11 replies
DianeLM Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 12

Yes, you can sub yellow for the chocolate. You can really get crazy with the pudding flavors, too!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

CakestyleIN Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 12

icon_lol.gif LOL Diane-- I was going to post the exact same reply!! Well, it IS true! icon_lol.gif

marknelliesmum Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 12

If you don't know the answer then it's not a stupid question thumbs_up.gif there is a big difference between having an awesome cake coz you asked a question and a poor cake coz you didn't. I would bet that there are many others who haven't posted but who didn't know the answer to your question or who read the answer and thought yeah i was wondering that too.

DianeLM Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:57pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakestyleIN

icon_lol.gif LOL Diane-- I was going to post the exact same reply!! Well, it IS true! icon_lol.gif

Whew! I'm so relieved! Hopefully, everyone else will understand the humor and not read something into it that's not there. On the other hand, I've been on this board a long time. Let the flaming begin... icon_wink.gif

CakestyleIN Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:59pm
post #6 of 12

Yep! icon_smile.gif Just about every question I've had has already been posted and answered by others.... Love that!! If a question feels "stupid" to you and your afraid to ask, just remember... Everyone suffers from cobwebs in the closet or as DH refers to it, brain farts icon_lol.gif Better to be safe than sorry!

madgeowens Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:17pm
post #7 of 12

Its not stupid......experiment is how you become a great cook or a great baker......go for it...try the extender recipe in here with the yellow, its excellent

MrsNancyB1 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:22pm
post #8 of 12

Thank you ladies! icon_biggrin.gif

I was getting really self conscious that the number of hits on my post was over 100, but with only a few replies! icon_redface.gif

Madge, could you please post the extender recipe you're referring to?

Thanks.

madgeowens Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:27pm
post #9 of 12

sure I will send it to you

marknelliesmum Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 5:42am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Quote:

I was getting really self conscious that the number of hits on my post was over 100, but with only a few replies!

Probably coz they didn't know the answer icon_lol.gif see this is how we all learn here thumbs_up.gif

4theloveofcake Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 6:00pm
post #11 of 12
madgeowens Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 9:17pm
post #12 of 12

I could not find the extender recipe...did they remove it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%