Transport Sugar Cone Cupcakes???

Decorating By three_sets_of_twins Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 7:24pm by three_sets_of_twins

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 4

I have an order for some ice cream cone cupcakes wed, the ones that are baked into a cone. How do I transport these?!?!?

3 replies
nanikins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanikins Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 4

Found this idea at the following site:

http://veganyumyum.com/2007/01/hand-dipped-ice-cream-cone-cupcakes/

"I make cupcakes in ice cream cones quite often. I found the easiest way to transport them is to use a shirt box , about 2 to 2 1/2 inches deep - depending on size of cupcakes. Tape the box together. Measure diameter of cone and cut out circles to fit base of cone, on the top of the box only. ( Dont cut them too close to each other.) Place cupcakes in holes and place in larger box that can accomodated the depth without touching the frosting. if serving at a party, I generally wrap the box with pretty paper and use as a center piece for my dessert table."

Hope that helps you a bit.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanikins

Found this idea at the following site:

http://veganyumyum.com/2007/01/hand-dipped-ice-cream-cone-cupcakes/

"I make cupcakes in ice cream cones quite often. I found the easiest way to transport them is to use a shirt box , about 2 to 2 1/2 inches deep - depending on size of cupcakes. Tape the box together. Measure diameter of cone and cut out circles to fit base of cone, on the top of the box only. ( Dont cut them too close to each other.) Place cupcakes in holes and place in larger box that can accomodated the depth without touching the frosting. if serving at a party, I generally wrap the box with pretty paper and use as a center piece for my dessert table."

Hope that helps you a bit.

This is how my mom did it when I was a kid.

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 4

that actually helps A LOT thank you...I think I'll use some shoe boxes I have that are on the pretty side. Thank you a lot!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%