Do You Have Interns? Helpers? Etc?

Business By sweetlayers Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 11:20am by wespam

sweetlayers Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 5

Hi--

Have been approached several times over the last few months by people students about internships.

Do any of you have interns? Is it worth considering? I really could use the help between now and Christmas, but just don't know about it?

Also, should it be paid, unpaid or commission based? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

4 replies
three_sets_of_twins Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:00pm
post #2 of 5

I dont know if I'm in the same boat as you are.
I work from home...and whenever Iget a massive order I know i cant handle on my own, I have a few highschool/college students looking to make some extra pocket money come in and help me. I tell them its going to be a totally random thing, not to count on me for something steady, but I might call every now and then and they get some pocket money. It really helps when i have orders for high quantity time consuming orders. They usually box and package for me, tie bows, cut labels, help with whatever I need them to. I know there is NO WAY I'd be able to do those big wedding orders without them.

sweetlayers Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you.

CakeForte Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 5

if tey are in culinary school, they are required to do externships. The culinary school coordinator that previously contacted me said they had to do 40 hours, unpaid. I'm sure this varies by school....but that was the grad requirement from that particular one.

wespam Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 11:20am
post #5 of 5

I just had a culinary student come in last week. She offered her services to get her acedemic credits. She said no pay was necessary but appreciated. She has to work around her schedule and she works in a neighboring town but I will be willing to give it a try if the right situation presents itself. Who knows, I may learn something myself. Pam from Bama

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%