Advice Please

Decorating By squeaky121603 Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 7:28pm by Eisskween

squeaky121603 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squeaky121603 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a luau cake for this Saturday. But, I am delivering it Thursday as I am going out of town. They would like to have a pina colada cake which I found recipe on cc. So, I have two questions:

1-If I use pineapple juice and coconut milk in the recipe, does it need to be refrigerated? Other option is to just use flavorings and no juice.

2-If it needs to be refrigerated, how will this affect the fondant and gumpaste decorations? No sure about condensation problems.

Sorry this is long,
Thanks,
Carol

PS, this is second request for help. Not sure where the first post went.

4 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 5

I can't answer question #1 but I don't think you're suppose to put gum paste decorations in the fridge. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

squeaky121603 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squeaky121603 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 5

Please help me with these questions

Thanks,
Carol

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 5

This is just my opinion, but with the pineapple (or any fruit) in it, I would guess that it would need to be refrigerated. The gumpaste will get soggy from condensation in the fridge, so I would hold off on placing the decorations until the last minute.

Hope that helps. Although I would gather that was not the answer you were looking for. Sorry.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 5

By the way, if you refrigerate it in a cake box, and then let it warm to room temperature before removing it from the box, the consensus is that the box absorbs the condensation, not the cake. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%