Luster Dust

Decorating By tab_stout Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 10:52pm by tab_stout

tab_stout Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:53am
post #1 of 6

I am about to order some luster dust for the first time, and I was wondering what the best brand to purchase is. I appreciate any info.

5 replies
tab_stout Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:12am
post #2 of 6

Also, I know I need to order silver luster dust, but thought I might buy a few other colors at the same time, and I was wondering what are some of the most common colors use?

minicuppie Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 12:30pm
post #3 of 6

It depends on what you are using it for. Gumpaste flowers need plain flat colors (if you are going for accuracy) like greens and yellows and reds and pinks. If you just want something to shimmer pearl is a good choice. I made the mistake of standing in front of the display at my local cake shop and thinking "that is so pretty, and I have to have that...and that and that". Alot of it is just sitting there (and laughing at me)...oh well this stuff doesn't go bad...or does it?

Cake_Karen Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 6

I use a company called Edible art and they make Luster Dusts in tons of shades. I also have some by a company called Sunflower.

The colour I use the most is Silk White.

Hope this helps

Cake_Karen Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 6

sorry just noticed I got the spelling wrong. Its EdAble art

tab_stout Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks alot for the info!! I will look into those. I just heard about luster dust recently, and wasn't sure about what to get. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%