How Do I Choose The Right Kind Of Stand Mixer?

Decorating By Sweetsbym Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 11:47pm by diane

Sweetsbym Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 6:00am
post #1 of 6

Hi, i have been saving my money for a stand mixer. Can you please give me an idea what is the best type of mixer to buy? others advice me not to get the tilt head type. I really wanna get my money's worth. Hope to hear from you guys soon! Thanks icon_smile.gif

M

icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
CakeJediChic Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 6:33am
post #2 of 6

I personally like the tilt oppose to the crank.

Rylan Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:44am
post #3 of 6

Check for capacity and watts. My KA broke but it was my fault. I suggest you get the 6 quart one if you want a table one. Check the KA outlet store for refurbished or clearance items.

leah_s Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:31am
post #4 of 6

Tilt versus lift is TOTALLY personal preference. I prefer lift because its what Im used to with bigger professional mixers. Also the tilt head doesn't fit under my cabinets with the head fully tilted up.

Bottom line is, buy as powerful a motor as you can afford.

Sweetsbym Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you guys icon_biggrin.gif i really appreciate your help. I will definitely look for a mixer that has a powerful motor icon_smile.gif Thanks again!

diane Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:47pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetsbym

Thank you guys icon_biggrin.gif i really appreciate your help. I will definitely look for a mixer that has a powerful motor icon_smile.gif Thanks again!

yes...definitely find one with a powerful motor...so you don't make the mistake like i did...and spent tons of $$$ on cheap stuff! icon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%